This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Do you want to a human lore themed set?

Yes that would be great addition
5%
No
77%
Maybe if done right
18%
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:I'm not real keen on this unless it's Terra Prime related...
And then you'd have to differentiate what the mechanical/theme difference is between [22] Starfleet "human", [22] Starfleet (which is what, 90% human anyway?), and [M] [TE] (y'know, the *other* "humans rule aliens drool" faction we already have.)
They were made as [SF] Dissidents over on the other side of the aisle. It's quite an intriguing mechanic, actually. Also, it's quite 1E-style story mode (Susan Khouri keeps Elizabeth from Decaying!).

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm sorry but I can't agree. How many 'Klingon' and 'Bajoran' species related cards do we have? Right now the only card where it's 'advantageous' to be a human is Visit Cochrane Memorial. The Klingons are full of them, in fact I think every affiliation has at least a couple cards where their species is an advantage except the Viidians (the short straw affiliation of the game). A couple cards that do something unique for humans, arguably the most prolific species in the game, wouldn't hurt anything.

It's also worth considering that any 'single species' cards do not have to limited to humans and could end up in something like this as well. It could just as easily be something that works just as well if the entire crew/away team is Vulcan, or Viidian, or Vorta. It could meet the 'criteria' of the set without strictly being human themed.
Last edited by Slayer07 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:So for a human themed deck, you want every card to be on theme? No verbs if they aren't human-related?
Exactly if you even have 1 non human in your deck. You kill the theme.
And this effects cards like B'Elanna Torres and Deanna Troi how? I mean they are 1/2 human. As I mentioned that doesn't stop B'Elanna from qualifying for 'Klingon' cards like I Am Not a Merry Man. Or cards like Seven of Nine or Riley Fraizer who are fully human but do list Borg as a 'species' for them.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
I'm sorry but I can't agree. How many 'Klingon' and 'Bajoran' species related cards do we have? Right now the only card where it's 'advantageous' to be a human is Visit Cochrane Memorial. The Klingons are full of them, in fact I think every affiliation as at least a couple cards where their species is an advantage except the Viidians (the short straw affiliation of the game). A couple cards that do something unique for humans, arguably the most prolific species in the game, wouldn't hurt anything.
It's also worth considering that any 'single species' cards do not have to limited to humans and could end up in something like this as well. It could just as easily be something that works just as well if the entire crew/away team is Vulcan, or Viidian, or Vorta. It could meet the 'criteria' of the set without strictly being human themed.
Emphasis mine.
See, this is why I'm not terribly interested: we already have tons of humans running around. Besides, most of Star Trek is about humans trying to get along with everyone and celebrating diversity. It feels like the only way to keep 'Trek Sense' is to make it Terra Prime. Unless it were some dilemmas or something - that I could get behind.

Not against it - just not interested.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
I'm sorry but I can't agree. How many 'Klingon' and 'Bajoran' species related cards do we have? Right now the only card where it's 'advantageous' to be a human is Visit Cochrane Memorial. The Klingons are full of them, in fact I think every affiliation as at least a couple cards where their species is an advantage except the Viidians (the short straw affiliation of the game). A couple cards that do something unique for humans, arguably the most prolific species in the game, wouldn't hurt anything.

Exactly my point there are so many other races that have cards for there races. Klingons are full of them and so are bojorans. Jem'hadar have plenty of them. Humans need more of them. It took magic over 20 years to bring humans to the table. They retro active all kind of cards. It has been 25 years and time for star trek to do humans too.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:So for a human themed deck, you want every card to be on theme? No verbs if they aren't human-related?
Exactly if you even have 1 non human in your deck. You kill the theme.
And this effects cards like B'Elanna Torres and Deanna Troi how? I mean they are 1/2 human. As I mentioned that doesn't stop B'Elanna from qualifying for 'Klingon' cards like I Am Not a Merry Man. Or cards like Seven of Nine or Riley Fraizer who are fully human but do list Borg as a 'species' for them.

It is just like spock with the vulcan incident. Spock does not make you discard the incident. So it would work the same way for torres and others. If it does not say human in lore then that would have to be fixed if necessary. Of course that is a easy fix for the errata team. Assimated as a human now are borg
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote:How many 'Klingon' and 'Bajoran' species related cards do we have?
Counterpoint - a lot of those were intended as affiliation tools (because Decipher hadn't figured out they could use affiliation icons to differentiate between species and affiliation, they used 'Federation' and 'Klingon', and then decided that hey, 'Klingon' could count non-[Kli] Klingons too because Worf is cool.)

But to go to the original point, I would argue you can already make a "human" deck - it just looks mostly like a regular Fed mission solver.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:Justin Ford got salty and needed Julius to confirm for him that some humans are actually humans when I scored over 50 points from one Assimilate Species at Worlds. The one he actually had a point about was Harcourt Fenton Mudd—“emperor of androids”. It’s not crazy to argue that his species is android, and the “real” Harry is sippin’ jippers on a beach somewhere.
Yeah, I can see that. I'm don't think it's really ambiguous enough to need an errata, but it does seem just ambiguous enough to be very annoying to the person who reads it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZLkcFns8Ks

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:How many 'Klingon' and 'Bajoran' species related cards do we have?
Counterpoint - a lot of those were intended as affiliation tools (because Decipher hadn't figured out they could use affiliation icons to differentiate between species and affiliation, they used 'Federation' and 'Klingon', and then decided that hey, 'Klingon' could count non-[Kli] Klingons too because Worf is cool.)

But to go to the original point, I would argue you can already make a "human" deck - it just looks mostly like a regular Fed mission solver.
Yes you can already make a human fed deck. It would not be themed around humans. It would be a bunch of human personnel with similar cards you use in other decks. I'm trying to navigate the game towards total theme decks.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Orbin wrote:There are some "human" related cards in the game already (at least for the Mirror Quadrant):

An Important Victory
Rebellious Servants
Replenish Workforce

- James M
The third card is not all that 'human' friendly. It's more for the [KCA]. Plus something more general would be nice, not something relegated to the [MQ]. And the first only 'qualifies' because of it's mention of Terran Rebellion HQ, hence not really relevant.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote: Exactly if you even have 1 non human in your deck. You kill the theme.

It is just like spock with the vulcan incident. Spock does not make you discard the incident. So it would work the same way for torres and others. If it does not say human in lore then that would have to be fixed if necessary. Of course that is a easy fix for the errata team. Assimated as a human now are borg
Yeah but Spock and Deanna shouldn’t be acceptable to Terra Prime. Miscegenation is Humanity’s Worst Enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0