This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Side note, but if you're really good at placing images, you can help us out by doing just that. Follow that link, click on one of the categories that interests you, and you can identify images or correct mistakes.

-crp
Side note to the side note: this is usually an incredibly discouraging exercise in sadness, because the images to identify can be really hard*...

...but the week after a set releases is when the easy-pickings options are all there. I literally just got to identify the source of the new 2E card Rascals. Can you guess what episode that's from? :P

*I have spent actual hours trying to find the image source of Military Assault Command Operations and never found it. And Heaven help whoever tries to find the source on Condition Red.
Nemesis could do with a little filling out not that the movie offers that much. It's just so hard to use TNG movie property stuff because Continuing mission only lets you play with Generations. And EE uses [EE] and first contact set icon which kinda leaves Nemesis in some weird limbo area.
+1 for Nemesis. I am hoping the Nemesis/TNG Movies set, when it finally comes, will include either:

(a) a change or erratum for Federation Flagship: Relaunched, allowing it to work more broadly, or

(b) a formal change to the definition of [EE] so that the [EE] icon is treated as an era icon, rather than its incredibly narrow current definition. I don't have a problem with icons gaining expanded meaning; I just want that meaning recorded in the rulebook somewhere.

(yes yes I know, somebody will now post the image of Kathryn Janeway (The Sky's The Limit) as a giant [EE] icon winking at me, I'm ready, bring it on)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: The Marquis. More. All. Go.
Maquis could easily fill out another set (or two).

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I was just mentioning Spock's Brain the other day. Only one card's image traces to that episode, Yeoman Vaughn, and if that's not a mistake, then designers were cheating a bit as Vaughn is supposedly [MQ].

At the very least, one of the most infamous episodes ever deserves at least a Dilemma that clearly comes from it.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
- not a specific storyline but DS9 in general. Given that the power curve for them is pretty meh right now, seems like a two'fer

- if that is too general, then Dominion War

- Andorians

- Xindi

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Side note, but if you're really good at placing images, you can help us out by doing just that. Follow that link, click on one of the categories that interests you, and you can identify images or correct mistakes.

-crp
it wont accept my submissions for voyager. overrun is from scorpion part 1.

the other shows accepted my submissions.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What about The Motion Picture crew? I've always liked the suits and aesthetic of that movie.

Would have to come up with something really original to avoid making another entirely redundant or unbalancing [CF] crew, but done right it would be cool.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:The answer is clearly The Vengeance Factor.
Yes, so I gather.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Off the top of my head, I've always thought that Return of the Archons is an underserved episode with a lot of potential.
Really? I always viewed this episode as the "Spirit Folk" of TOS: it highlights, in sharp detail, every single one of the show's biggest flaws.
You're coming at it from the perspective of "is this a good episode?" which is the wrong take. Of course it's not a good episode but that's not the point.

From the perspective of card development the perspective should be "is there good card-making material in this episode?" And on that count, the answer is absolutely "yes!"
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !