This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
booster boxes had 30 boosters in it and 1 rare in each pack. that 30 rares a box. a starter box has 24 rares in it. if a booster box and a starter box are priced the same, you get more more rares per dollar from the boster.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
SirDan wrote:Yeah, I'd stock up on AP for $2.99 a ... case?? Makes me wish there was an Ollie's around here.
I am sorry for the confusion I meant they have nearly 3 cases (33 boxes last I checked) at $2.99 per box, not per case. I thought cases of boosters were 12 to a box, maybe it's only 6. In even event, they were $2.99 a box and 30+ of them on shelf.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery rox wrote:booster boxes had 30 boosters in it and 1 rare in each pack. that 30 rares a box. a starter box has 24 rares in it. if a booster box and a starter box are priced the same, you get more more rares per dollar from the boster.
You just want to argue honestly.

Look it up

First set was random in a terrible way. You get 2 rares in each starter box. I know for a fact this true. I bought the cards. I got over 500 cards more than booster boxes. The fact that it was totally random the rares are not necessarily the best cards in the first set. If you factor into today's game. Unerrata ku and ar were uncommon but they were more rare than rares. The artifacts are pretty much not worth the seed slot. Alot of Klingon and romulan rares are just not worth playing in today's game. I mainly bought the first set for equipment, universial personnel, and few other things. The rest were cardbacks. It was cheaper and looked better than printing those cards.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: I am sorry for the confusion I meant they have nearly 3 cases (33 boxes last I checked) at $2.99 per box, not per case. I thought cases of boosters were 12 to a box, maybe it's only 6. In even event, they were $2.99 a box and 30+ of them on shelf.
i think cases have six boxes, not 12.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote: First set was random in a terrible way.
i dont know what this means. what is random in a not terrible way?
You get 2 rares in each starter box. I know for a fact this true.
you get 2 rares in each starter deck/pack and there are 12 packs in a box. so you get 24 rares in a starter box.

i was wrong when i said that there are 30 rares in a box of boosters, there are actually 36 because you get 36 packs.

so that makes booster boxes an even better deal then starter boxes.
I bought the cards. I got over 500 cards more than booster boxes.
every starter box you got gives you 180 more cards then a booster box, not 500. thats math.
The fact that it was totally random the rares are not necessarily the best cards in the first set. If you factor into today's game.
there better then the commons and uncommons on average.
Unerrata ku and ar were uncommon but they were more rare than rares.
no, there not. thats math.
The artifacts are pretty much not worth the seed slot.
neither is iconion computer weapon. whats your point?
I mainly bought the first set for equipment, universial personnel, and few other things. The rest were cardbacks. It was cheaper and looked better than printing those cards.
if you are only interested in buying boxes to get cardbacks and a bunch of commons then yes buying starter boxes is a better value for money. thats the one version where you should buy starters instead.

almost no one will be buying boxes for cardbacks. most players probably have complete sets which means they almost certainly have more commons and cardbacks already then they know what to do with. the players that dont have complete sets are going t obe interestd in completing there sets first, which means getting the rares since those are hardest to get, which means booster boxes are better value for there money since they complete the set faster and cheaper.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I believe boxes were 36 packs per box until First Contact. Then it went down to 30.

That may have been the same time packs dropped from 15 cards per pack to 9 (with commons per pack dropping from 11 to 5), but I'm less sure of that.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Jono wrote:I just purchased all three cases of Austin Powers CCG at the Tampa Ollie’s.

Thanks for the heads up!
Sounds like we'll have Booster Shots for years to come! 8)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:I believe boxes were 36 packs per box until First Contact. Then it went down to 30.

That may have been the same time packs dropped from 15 cards per pack to 9 (with commons per pack dropping from 11 to 5), but I'm less sure of that.
36 boosters per box in preimiere, became 30 in alternate universe and q continuum.

15 cards per pack until first contact, which became 9 cards per pack.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Jono wrote:I just purchased all three cases of Austin Powers CCG at the Tampa Ollie’s.

Thanks for the heads up!
Mine is not the one in Tampa...Muhahaha.

By lotjx2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I actually find that there is a lot of great stuff in Premiere. Amanda and Kevin. All the names ships have good stats. The Duras family is really great together. The federation cards are beefy. This is the best version of some of the bridge due to the dumb staffing in First Contact on the Enterprise-E. The events like ResQ, Genetic Engineering and the ship power ups are staple cards. The interrupts and dilemmas are just ok, the Klingon ones are really good though. So, I really like this set, but I could see why people like DS9 or Tribbles due to the download abilities on the mains.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
AllenGould wrote:What's an "Ollie's"? (Was watching for a link and never saw one)
Discount store.
Hold up - a brick-and-mortar store? With quarter-century old CCG boxes?

Don't suppose they're hiding any Unlimited Magic boxes back there in Narnia? :D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
AllenGould wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
AllenGould wrote:What's an "Ollie's"? (Was watching for a link and never saw one)
Discount store.
Hold up - a brick-and-mortar store? With quarter-century old CCG boxes?

Don't suppose they're hiding any Unlimited Magic boxes back there in Narnia? :D
No nothing like that. I believe they buyout closeout stores. They had a big sale of Toy'R'Us stuff last time I went.

Ollies
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]