This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which TNG main character is most in need of a new version?

Picard
3%
Riker
11%
Data
3%
Geordi
8%
Worf
3%
Beverly
3%
Troi
3%
Yar
14%
Pulaski
24%
Wesley
30%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:But I guess WOTC is with Wesley!
Oh no, I have much bigger plans for that.

-crp
Hello? Yes? 911? I'd like to report a heavy teasing at some address in Seattle? No, no, not tasing. Teasing. Yes, with an "e". Hello? Hello?
Salem, Oregon. Not Seattle, Washington. But otherwise, dead on. I enjoy being a tease sometimes. :)
Discovery rox wrote:maybe there should be a new expansion called shut up, wesley.

it can have a bunch of wesley personas, some wesley support cards, and some high def reprint versions of old wesley cards like premiere wesley, the travleler, lakanta, and q continuum wesley gets the point.
I kinda like this idea...

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Discovery rox wrote:maybe there should be a new expansion called shut up, wesley.

it can have a bunch of wesley personas, some wesley support cards, and some high def reprint versions of old wesley cards like premiere wesley, the travleler, lakanta, and q continuum wesley gets the point.
This is a good joke.

It's such a good joke that I have the strangest feeling that Decipher told the same joke back in 1996 for an April Fool or something.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:

This is a good joke.

It's such a good joke that I have the strangest feeling that Decipher told the same joke back in 1996 for an April Fool or something.
Wesley as the Doctor, Wesley as not a bratty teenager

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:

This is a good joke.

Remember, you brought it up ....

Wesley Gets The Point
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I vote for Dead Wesley from "Hide and Q."

Alternatively, Creepy Old Man Wesley from the same episode.

Man, that episode was weird on Wesley.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Klauser wrote:Back on topic, if we do have a new Wesley card, I would suggest a 1E version of this gem from 2E's Second Edition expansion:

Wesley Crusher, Prodigy
the lore of that cards database page doesnt match the card.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Discovery rox wrote:
Klauser wrote:Back on topic, if we do have a new Wesley card, I would suggest a 1E version of this gem from 2E's Second Edition expansion:

Wesley Crusher, Prodigy
In what way? I can't spot it.

Also, since we're talking 2E, I never use the original Weasel over the Battleship Helmsman.

Wesley Crusher, Battleship Helmsman

He's saved my bacon on multiple occasions.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Discovery rox wrote:

Wesley Crusher, Prodigy

Also, since we're talking 2E, I never use the original Weasel over the Battleship Helmsman.

Wesley Crusher, Battleship Helmsman

He's saved my bacon on multiple occasions.
The difference here is in 2E they are the 'same' person. Converted into 1E Battleship Wesley would not be a persona he would be an [1E-AU] personnel and could be in play at the same time as an actual Wesley Crusher. The same can be said about any of the Battleship personnel. Man I want these converted into 1E so badly.

Also it's unlikely the special skill would survive conversion.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
the card says "but with the equally lovely intricacies of time, energy, propulsion"

the text on the site says "but without the equally lovely intricacies of time, energy, propulsion"

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For the record, if I'd have had opportunity to post here sooner, I'd have gone with Data. It's a hard choice, but what I've always found lacking is a 1e Data that has Science. He seems to be the one most resembling the chief science officer -- on an exploratory vessel, no less -- whom everybody else relies on for analysis and coming up with solutions.
When I last checked, only the Lucasian Chair had Science. To me, this has always seemed to be a missed opportunity or oversight. :twocents:

I do like many of the other options, as well. Especially the Traveler-themed Wesley.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:For the record, if I'd have had opportunity to post here sooner, I'd have gone with Data. It's a hard choice, but what I've always found lacking is a 1e Data that has Science. He seems to be the one most resembling the chief science officer -- on an exploratory vessel, no less -- whom everybody else relies on for analysis and coming up with solutions.
When I last checked, only the Lucasian Chair had Science. To me, this has always seemed to be a missed opportunity or oversight. :twocents:

I do like many of the other options, as well. Especially the Traveler-themed Wesley.
And the Lucasian Chair version can't even count because it's 2E. And even it if it weren't this wouldn't count as a persona of Data in 1E anyway. I always found it weird too that Data didn't have Science on any persona.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for clarifying. I meant, but forgot to mention, the 2e-only aspect of Lucasian Data, indeed. :cheersL:

And also: I like the concept of a Traveler Wes, of which multiple ideas were mentioned. :thumbsup:
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]