This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dang this thread grew quickly. I wanted to hop in earlier, just wanted to take some time and look back on the earlier variations of this deck in action. So here is a list of decks which have beaten some version of this deck over the last 5 years, admittedly a small sample of 8 events of which I won 3.

the strong will prevail
Cyberbiologists- Dont call us Borg
Keeping a Borg for ah domestic....that ain't legal either.
Im Beginning to Like this Kid, Ma!
7 kinds of smoke
Where is Francis?
10 kinds of smoke
22nd Century Romulan slaves
Strike this mother...... out!
Bajoran Solver 5.0.0
Explorers (Or: The Four-Mission Win)

Some of the above decks are probably going to be similar to one another, but there is a variety. Some solvers and lots of interaction. And like the online masters, there have been many others that have been close to beating it but were maybe one turn short cause they went second or the opponent made a mistake that I was able to capitalize on.

I would suggest playing a Borg deck for yourself. I have found that the quickest way to find the weaknesses of a deck is to play it. Then you can feel the terror when your opponent pulls up to your Cube in a Dominion Battleship and flips Invasive Transporters. Or the annoyance of watching your opponent solving multiple missions a turn while you're still waiting to probe for your first objective. If you do decide to do so, feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have. As I stated in my interview with Charlie, I would love to see more players joining the collective.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
9of24 wrote:Dang this thread grew quickly. I wanted to hop in earlier, just wanted to take some time and look back on the earlier variations of this deck in action. So here is a list of decks which have beaten some version of this deck over the last 5 years, admittedly a small sample of 8 events of which I won 3.

the strong will prevail
Cyberbiologists- Dont call us Borg
Keeping a Borg for ah domestic....that ain't legal either.
Im Beginning to Like this Kid, Ma!
7 kinds of smoke
Where is Francis?
10 kinds of smoke
22nd Century Romulan slaves
Strike this mother...... out!
Bajoran Solver 5.0.0
Explorers (Or: The Four-Mission Win)

Some of the above decks are probably going to be similar to one another, but there is a variety. Some solvers and lots of interaction. And like the online masters, there have been many others that have been close to beating it but were maybe one turn short cause they went second or the opponent made a mistake that I was able to capitalize on.

I would suggest playing a Borg deck for yourself. I have found that the quickest way to find the weaknesses of a deck is to play it. Then you can feel the terror when your opponent pulls up to your Cube in a Dominion Battleship and flips Invasive Transporters. Or the annoyance of watching your opponent solving multiple missions a turn while you're still waiting to probe for your first objective. If you do decide to do so, feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have. As I stated in my interview with Charlie, I would love to see more players joining the collective.
Yah until that terror gets turned over to the other player with intruder alert and adapt: modulate

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think the big issue is that Borg have counters to pretty much everything I can think of. The ability to stock and retrieve those counters fairly easily. Which makes them very strong, and well it fits their trek sense for battle borg to be a NPE for those folks who get railroaded by it

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:I think the big issue is that Borg have counters to pretty much everything I can think of. The ability to stock and retrieve those counters fairly easily. Which makes them very strong, and well it fits their trek sense for battle borg to be a NPE for those folks who get railroaded by it
Borg are definitely strong. They are, certainly, tier 1. But they are certainly beatable.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote: Yah until that terror gets turned over to the other player with intruder alert and adapt: modulate
Adapt: Modulate Shields has been in three decks in the last six months (placing 2nd, 4th, and 10th). So, are Borg willing to take the performance hit for that corner case? :D
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
Borg are not speed solvers

Just out speed Borg not hard imo!
Plus now Borg are vulnerable to gender dilemmas

I managed to beat Huth in Minnesota just solving missions

Borg keep the Meta honest... get complacent and you’ll face Borg and get stomped
Keep changing ur deck strategy etc
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Resistance-is-futile wrote: I managed to beat Huth in Minnesota just solving missions
What affiliation were you playing?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
AllenGould wrote:
Resistance-is-futile wrote: I managed to beat Huth in Minnesota just solving missions
What affiliation were you playing?
Bajoran I think.
Chief Financial Officer
 -  
My hardest match vs Borg besides jaegers assimilatior would be London 2016 vs Niall
He brought bareil of Borg and we duped Bajor

It was honest race who got Bajor done first: I solved Bajor 1-2 turns before he would have assimilated homeworld

Borg are different? Yes
Are Borg unbeatable? No
Are Borg above power curve? Tricky question as Borg behave so opposite to rest of 1E game play
Are Borg annoying to play against? Sometimes, you really have to be good at predicting spacelines
Best affiliations vs Borg? Romulans, Bajoran, maco, TOS, and any deck with time locations

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Resistance-is-futile wrote:My hardest match vs Borg besides jaegers assimilatior would be London 2016 vs Niall

It was honest race who got Bajor done first: I solved Bajor 1-2 turns before he would have assimilated homeworld

Borg are different? Yes
Are Borg unbeatable? No
Are Borg above power curve? Tricky question as Borg behave so opposite to rest of 1E game play
Are Borg annoying to play against? Sometimes, you really have to be good at predicting spacelines
Best affiliations vs Borg? Romulans, Bajoran, maco, TOS, and any deck with time locations
I dont think Borg are above the power curve. They are definitely close to its apex though.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Resistance-is-futile wrote:My hardest match vs Borg besides jaegers assimilatior would be London 2016 vs Niall

Borg are different? Yes
Are Borg unbeatable? No
How on earth did you solve Bajor ahead of an Assimilate Homeworld Borg player with a Counterpart?

Did Niall NOT run an Edo Probe/ Combo Scow/ Dead End combo specially for a duplicated Homeworld situation?

That's the first combo into any Borg deck with a Homeworld that I build. It totally wrecked shop against the North Carolina boys when my SFC deck duplicated Earth against one of them and Vulcan against the other.

I'm real curious how that game went down.
Chief Financial Officer
 -  
Armus wrote:

Borg are different? Yes
Are Borg unbeatable? No
How on earth did you solve Bajor ahead of an Assimilate Homeworld Borg player with a Counterpart?

Did Niall NOT run an Edo Probe/ Combo Scow/ Dead End combo specially for a duplicated Homeworld situation?

That's the first combo into any Borg deck with a Homeworld that I build. It totally wrecked shop against the North Carolina boys when my SFC deck duplicated Earth against one of them and Vulcan against the other.

I'm real curious how that game went down.
Oh he did.....
I pushed thru EdO probé prolly lost points
I believe it was my dilemma that blocked him from solving I don’t remember
Niall also had a full bottle of jaeger he was downing during day 1 hahah
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]