This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Going off the latest 'Friday' question asked by Midnightlich a lot of people would (myself included) would like to see a 'Traveler' version of Wesley Crusher that was starting to manifest in the Next Gen episode Journey's End. So my question is what other personas of other characters would you like to see? I know a lot of these will be main character variants but there are likely other options. Some of mine are:

Beverly Crusher commanding the USS Enterprise from Descent.
Odo from Homefront (could be either Federation or Federation/Bajoran)
Storyteller Miles O'Brien
Wild card idea: Megan and Jenny Delaney

So what personas would you like to see?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A 1e Data with SCIENCE... :shifty: ( :wink: )
Slayer07 wrote:Beverly Crusher commanding the USS Enterprise from Descent.
Missed chance if this does not include a reference to Starship Mine(?). (I mean that ep in which Beverly, eventually, is the sole crewmember of E'prise-D. Very nice ep!)

EDIT: ep title is Remember Me, of course.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'd also welcome a Saavik persona (new card or AI) with a Robin Curtis image. I always thought she was great in the role, too. Perhaps I even liked her better -- not sure, and no matter, I liked both Saaviks. And miss the one as a card.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
SudenKapala wrote:I'd also welcome a Saavik persona (new card or AI) with a Robin Curtis image. I always thought she was great in the role, too. Perhaps I even liked her better -- not sure, and no matter, I liked both Saaviks. And miss the one as a card.
I'm with you there.

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote:I'd also welcome a Saavik persona (new card or AI) with a Robin Curtis image. I always thought she was great in the role, too. Perhaps I even liked her better -- not sure, and no matter, I liked both Saaviks. And miss the one as a card.
+ a gagillion!

My old roommate, who introduced me to this game, was a HUGE Robin Curtis fan, hence her handle was Tallera257.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
+ a gagillion!

My old roommate, who introduced me to this game, was a HUGE Robin Curtis fan, hence her handle was Tallera257.
+1. Robin Curtis > Kirstie Alley. And that's no insult to Kirstie Alley! Curtis is just awesome.

(Also, she was a joy to work with back when that was still allowed.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:+1. Robin Curtis > Kirstie Alley. And that's no insult to Kirstie Alley! Curtis is just awesome.

How did you work together with her -- was it for your show? And why is that not allowed anymore? What did you do!? :? :shifty: ( :lol: )

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
jadziadax8 wrote:
+ a gagillion!

Ah, to have all those old friends who got us into this game still with us.

The friend who got me into the game by handing me a huge stack of extra cards back in 1995 gave away his 1E (and small 2E) collection because he got married and had kids.
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:The friend who got me into the game by handing me a huge stack of extra cards back in 1995 gave away his 1E (and small 2E) collection because he got married and had kids.
These are the friends for whom "universal printability" is excellent news. :)

Signed,
Married guy with kids.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:+1. Robin Curtis > Kirstie Alley. And that's no insult to Kirstie Alley! Curtis is just awesome.

How did you work together with her -- was it for your show? And why is that not allowed anymore? What did you do!? :? :shifty: ( :lol: )
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep! She co-starred in our 50th anniversary special (and starred in the prelude vignette). She was just awesome.

However, that same year, another fan film called Axanar abused CBS's trust in a number of ways, which led (bizarrely, at Axanar's demand) to the creation of a set of official fan film guidelines from CBS. Audio dramas are exempt, and CBS has made clear it doesn't really want to sue anyone if it has a choice, but we nevertheless comply to the extent that we can. And one of the guidelines is "no working with Trek actors in fan shows anymore". So no more 50th style episodes for us, and no more appearances from Ursaline Bryant as Nightmare Tryla Scott (which we did for our Season 3 finale).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Reading it now, I do remembet the Axanar controversy. I enjoy too few fan materials. Too little time -- too often here.

I did watch Horizon (ST ENT era fan film), though; and was very entertained and quite impressed.

How awesome that you had those opportunities in the past, though. :thumbsup:

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]