This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm curious what others think about increasing the number of personas for a character, whether there's reluctance for it or not at all. I personally think it's a useful/necessary tool to represent a character in a different era or affiliation (or for someone like Garak where it's practically his thing) but still feel it should be used sparingly. Which is odd after having collected games where new versions of characters came out every set.

Case in point: a Beverly from "Remember Me" (the Static Warp Bubble episode). That could be a really fun card to have, though she's essentially just Premiere Beverly unceremoniously tossed into that situation. I feel conflicted about whether I hope to see a persona of her with, say, a special download of "Remember Me," or perhaps an Incident of it that makes use of an existing Beverly.

P.S. Suddenly I'd like a picture of the Enterprise on the LCARS screen showing "a flaw in the ship's design."

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Data's Socks wrote:I'm curious what others think about increasing the number of personas for a character, whether there's reluctance for it or not at all. I personally think it's a useful/necessary tool to represent a character in a different era or affiliation (or for someone like Garak where it's practically his thing) but still feel it should be used sparingly. Which is odd after having collected games where new versions of characters came out every set.

Case in point: a Beverly from "Remember Me" (the Static Warp Bubble episode). That could be a really fun card to have, though she's essentially just Premiere Beverly unceremoniously tossed into that situation. I feel conflicted about whether I hope to see a persona of her with, say, a special download of "Remember Me," or perhaps an Incident of it that makes use of an existing Beverly.

P.S. Suddenly I'd like a picture of the Enterprise on the LCARS screen showing "a flaw in the ship's design."
That's what bothers me too. I can think of personas I would like to see but they have to add something to the table. In your example a 'Remember Me' Beverly adds nothing to the table really. Points kind of deducted for the necessity of making a new card to go with it that almost sounds like it'd be more complicated than it's worth. That is one thing I never liked about 2E is they introduce so many versions of main characters (which can't even be persona swapped in that game as it doesn't exist) and yet they add almost nothing new. Sure there are some exceptions like Benjamin Sisko Man of Resolve (which I'd still like as a persona) and Miles O'Brien Ill-Equipped Storyteller which I'd also like, but by and large most of them are just unneeded in my view.

Whereas a 'Descent' Beverly would add a slightly different mold to her, perhaps giving her Officer and Leadership as well as matching commander status of the USS Enterprise. Is it crucial? No. Would it be something relatively new? Yes. And also pretty uncomplicated. I never would have expected Beverly when 'The Next Generation' came out but it was nice to see and it did add something new to the table. New personas really needs to capture a different and plot worthy point in a characters arc. Commanding the Enterprise or being a scientific diplomat is just that, but to me 'Remember Me' Beverly is not.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It would be best to combine them, I think.
That's why I proposed, some days back, to do the Descent version, and (in lore) make a reference (tongue in cheeck?) at the Remember Me situation.
"Was once certified to crew a Galaxy-class starship by herself." (Or how did the computer put it again?)
Still, I'm not sure whether some interesting Remember Me-mechanic could not be devised... nothing surprises me anymore in this game, lol.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation