This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
People in other affiliations get ups. Neelix Ferengi. Kazon Chakotay. Klingon Human Odo.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
MidnightLich wrote:
karonofborg13 wrote:
I agree that fear/horror would be a great theme for dilemmas.

I have heard a lot of feedback that recent sets have put out great new dilemmas and dilemma strategy options. Do you still feel people are using the same old same old?

-crp
To answer Derek, maybe I'm wrong, but, you seem to have misread my post, I didn't suggest whole cloth that the holodeck adventures expansion and those that preceded it be banned/retired, as that would make the affiliations unplayable, just the cards from those that are neither personnel, ship, equipment, mission, nor Borg use only objectives.

Charlie, yes, of the 4 times I've played most/more recently, while a few of the more recent dilemmas see a small amount of use, the format is still plagued by the tiresome ones I mentioned (and not just the few I could recall on the fly) in my previous post some 19-26 years later. If that isn't evidence that further banning/restriction/ or a call for a format update (even for OTF) is overdue, then, I guess I'm glad my interest in playing is nigh nonexistent at this point, sad to say.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:You could do something really scary and release a 13-card set.
The wasted space!

The wasted space!!!!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:You could do something really scary and release a 13-card set.
The wasted space!

The wasted space!!!!
What, is that the set name? :wink:

---

The sequence in "The Reckoning" where the possessed Kira acknowledges Sisko has it all. Spooky atmospherics, a Klingon noping out of the way, Morn's shocked face, and Kai Winn. Later on of course there's the possessed Jake.

But really though, something dipping into Prophets and Pah-Wraiths could be interesting while being a more subtle nod to Halloween.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
[quote="Data's Socks"]
What, is that the set name? :wink:

Could be, I suppose. (Although it feels more like an April stunt - put the cards on the sheet in terrible mis-aligned and max-space-wasting orientations.)
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Data's Socks wrote:But really though, something dipping into Prophets and Pah-Wraiths could be interesting while being a more subtle nod to Halloween.
I'm for this if only so we can finally get the Kosst Amojan broken link fixed. :)
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
What about flipping the script to a "Dia de los Muertos" set, one that focuses on remembering characters that made the ultimate sacrifice (and the events that required the sacrifice).

That would be pretty cool.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jjh wrote:What about flipping the script to a "Dia de los Muertos" set, one that focuses on remembering characters that made the ultimate sacrifice (and the events that required the sacrifice).

That would be pretty cool.
Definitely not a bad suggestion, Johnny.

I'll riff on that for a sec:

We've had the occasional "In Memoriam" front page cards of the day, what about an "in memoriam" set full of new versions of characters who's actors are no longer with us?

Maybe even make it an annual thing. Make a list of all of the deceased Star Trek actors and the characters they've played, and make a 9 (or 18?) card set with new personnel based on a combination of available material and gameplay needs.

And there is room for overlap of those ideas too. Maybe make the first set decreased actors whose characters had heroic on-screen deaths? Definitely some possibilities there.

Thoughts?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
alternate images is one thing, making new versions of characters just because the actor died seems overkill. it could work for some, but for others would be forced and unnecessary.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery rox wrote:alternate images is one thing, making new versions of characters just because the actor died seems overkill. it could work for some, but for others would be forced and unnecessary.
...based on a combination of available material and gameplay needs....
Got you covered, bro.

I'm not saying we should do things just to do them, but I see a couple of use cases:

1.) Developing an area of need or two that's outside the current block

2.) Theme sets (e.g., a Star Trek II - specific [CF] crew)

Also, the 2014/2015 Masters Promo was an AI Mr. Spock which lined up very nicely (if unintentionally) with Leonard Nimoy's passing, so AI commemorative cards aren't a bad thing either, as long as Art (and Creative?) aren't stretched too thin.

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]