This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote:Am I the only person who still prints full sets and adds them to the binders?
I do. This reminds me; I haven't sent Sacrifice of Angels off to Staples yet.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
I do like the full page pdfs, but sometimes, like unique missions and non-duplicatabe cards it would be nice to have the ability to "white out" some cards to save printer ink.
I would prefer the 3Vp pdfs to be closer to the top to use a piece of paper for more than 3 cards.
I know pdfs can be a bit responsive but haven't tried it out myself.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Am I the only person who still prints full sets and adds them to the binders?
Can't speak for anyone else but I've personally never done that with a virtual set.
I do*.

Paper is cheap. If it makes sense to have a 22 card set; go for it!

*selectively (i.e. not all sets)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:What is your opinion on the "full page" policy?
About this, I have no preference.
jadziadax8 wrote:
I do.
Me, too. I haven't printed them yet, but yes, I save them for "binder" purposes. 8)
AllenGould wrote:As a follow up question: does anyone (besides me, apparently) even print those sheets off? Do we even *need* a "set PDF"?
Yes. I do use the set PDFs, for both Virtual and the (recently implemented) Traditional sets. :) :thumbsup:

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I print entire set. But I do a print run of a play set. that includes 2 copies of each dilemma etc... Then all gets sleeved and pun in boxes for easy access to build decks.
The PDF is good for the "binder" for offline reference.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I too usually only print cards I need for decks, but as I'm still playing catch up on all the virtual cards and where I can use them, I'm slowly "collecting" them so what I use/print piles up. These cards do eventually go in a binder when I'm no longer using them, so it's really nice to have the sets all laid out in nice 9 card grids.

I'm in favor of "full pages" as long as they are in theme and have practical uses; no "filler" just to fill out the page. The Fajo Collection is a great example!

:borg:

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I would not care. You can do as you please, either full pages or not, no difference to me. I usually print everything at least 3 times + test prints to check on color balance and quality etc.

But I do notice we don't get a title page any more....

:cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TyKajada wrote:.

But I do notice we don't get a title page any more....

:cheersL:
Yeah, Art decided that it wasn't a good use of resources given the amount of work required and the fact that nobody really used it.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
the question is, why break it? out of ideas to design up to the next 9th card? -copy another card with an alternate image or dual affilation.
too many cards, so it breaks the page? - cut the worst design down.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
if the worst design is still a good design, its stupid to throw it out just to fit an arbitrary pdf template.

if an alternate image takes more time to complete, to source it, then its stupid to delay the set and work on redundant cards just to fit an arbitrary pdf template.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Artdesign shouldnt take too long, once you have the templates.
the template is the easy part. the hard part is the screengrab. which is whats different about an alternate image.
"Limitation breeds creativity"
funny, thats the same insipid trite saying that was bandied about by the people who argued against universal printability for years.

listening to them was the ccs biggest mistake. putting the barrier to entry so high turned off so many people that it permanently crippled the size of the player base. its a mistake that cc will never fully recover from.

By Daimyoshi (Richard Steele)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I am Indifferent to using 9 sheet for card set if the number come out add, then it does. *shrug*
AllenGould wrote:
Tim wrote::twocents: Cards should always come in products of 18 print sheets. It doesn't really matter, but just works.
As a follow up question: does anyone (besides me, apparently) even print those sheets off? Do we even *need* a "set PDF"?
Yes we need a Set PDF to scroll through as reference at a minimum.
Star Trek: Discovery Season Five Draft

James T. Kirk. Sarah April. Jean-Luc Picard. Qu[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]