This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Dunnagh wrote:STCCG was introduced in 1994. What about 2019? (i.e. this year) Did I miss anything?
We had plans to do a 25th anniversary boutique product, but it had problems and ended up being cancelled. We will be doing special promos sets throughout 2020 to celebrate, so it won't go unmarked. Just differently than planned.

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:STCCG was introduced in 1994. What about 2019? (i.e. this year) Did I miss anything?
We had plans to do a 25th anniversary boutique product, but it had problems and ended up being cancelled. We will be doing special promos sets throughout 2020 to celebrate, so it won't go unmarked. Just differently than planned.

-crp
Second Edition does have a special promo set celebrating the 25th anniversary of STCCG that will be releasing in the very near future.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:We had plans to do a 25th anniversary boutique product, but it had problems and ended up being cancelled.
It also had what is now my favorite cut card ever.

Hey, y'know what'd make a fantastic 25th Anniversary virtual promo? Card #4484. :D

(k I'll stop publicly lobbying now)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Does that mean we've got nothing 1e to look forward to until 2020??
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
dragoncymru wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Does that mean we've got nothing 1e to look forward to until 2020??
2020 is so far away! :wink:

All kidding aside though, I had my own plans for a 25th anniversary thing, but as with all volunteer efforts, there just wasn't enough time to get it ready. I'm still hopeful we'll see something within the 25th anniversary timeframe.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:You don't think it's worth doing some thing next march for what would have been James Doohan's 100th birthday?
Personally, not really? Especially for personnel - we'd pretty much be locking Scotty away because we need to save personas for his 100th (and 105th, and 110th, and 123rd), plus versions for TOS anniversaries, etc etc.

A lot of people have worked on Trek over the years, and I'd rather not end up spending all our time reliving the past as we celebrate the birthday/anniversary/death/anniversary of death for each extra, writer, producer, grip, etc... the COTD seems like the appropriate place for such things.

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]