This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Over on the Facebook group, somebody just explained why K'Tesh's only skill is [SD] Stellar Cartography.

Answer:
Because he makes you see stars.

25 years I've been trying to understand this weird card, and, today, I am enlightened.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I thought it was all about the fact he used to be on Entertainment Tonight and reported on "stars".
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:I thought it was all about the fact he used to be on Entertainment Tonight and reported on "stars".
Wait, is this true or are you having me on?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:I thought it was all about the fact he used to be on Entertainment Tonight and reported on "stars".
It's true he used to be on Entertainment Tonight. Siskoid even mentioned it in the review he did of the card.

As to whether that was Decipher's motivation for giving K'Tesh the skill, I can't say. But given their penchant for references, it makes sense.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Yes he was played by John Tesh, who my mother watched every night with Mary Heart on Entertainment tonight. They were pretty much household names in the 80s and early 90s.

Tesh is also rather infamous for writing some pretty cheesy easy listening music, and he actually wrote "roundball rock" which has been the offical theme of the NBA for decades and was parodied in one of my favorite SNL skits.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h7Lm7C9Nk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uSWAJd9GE

Here's Tesh introducing a new TV show you may have heard of............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njzH5BRMms
 -  
Community Contributor
Oh. You know, I'm starting to think that what the guy said on Facebook wasn't quite right!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I was always surprised they didn't call him J'Tesh like J'Ddan but they I guess Decipher didn't want to be TOO obvious.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]