This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
TNG borg is not for new players. I've tested it on them and it's way to complex on to few cards i'm afraid.

The discussion on new players vs. veterans is a hard one though. Here I din't have that many to play with so the only thing to do is to invite new players into the game. This is important for lots of reasons but first off for the possibility to have someone to play with but also as many veteran players are moving on from the game an as such we have a natural dwindling player base. So If we don't want the game to end we have to recruit new players as the veterans are not sticking around.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
kingmj4891 wrote:This game could thrive with good online play, but it seems the CC refuses to put any resources into it. When you have maybe 100 players worldwide not investing in a decent fair online play system seem ignorant .
The CC is us.

We're only as good as the volunteers who have the expertise and will commit to the work.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
jjh wrote:
kingmj4891 wrote:This game could thrive with good online play, but it seems the CC refuses to put any resources into it. When you have maybe 100 players worldwide not investing in a decent fair online play system seem ignorant .
The CC is us.

We're only as good as the volunteers who have the expertise and will commit to the work.
+1000

Seriously. The CC is just players like you. We're not some big company that can pay a team of developers to create a custom program.

I'm a programmer. It's my day job. I have a long term goal of creating a Lackey replacement. I'd love for that to be my sole focus. But it's a lower priority than paying the bills, keeping the site running, and a slew of other things.

If you have the expertise to help tackle that problem, I invite you to join us. If you know someone who would like to be a rich benefactor for our community by funding the development, let me know!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:If you have the expertise to help tackle that problem, I invite you to join us. If you know someone who would like to be a rich benefactor for our community by funding the development, let me know!
+1. Please help us.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:
kingmj4891 wrote:Stop focusing on newbies like TNG Borg which is a great concept but was dumbed down so much it makes me think are they even trying anymore. The TNG borg could have been great but it was ruined for noobs who are not coming anyways.
TNG Borg wasn't necessarily about "Newbies" - most of the target audience are still veterans, just "new to Borg". Even within the existing 1E community, many players have feared the complexity of Borg - we just tried to open that door for them. As a result we've heard many old players comment on these boards that they are now willing to "give them a go".
Bingo, I would be one of them
me too!

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Mogor wrote:Bingo, I would be one of them
me too!
Add me to that list.

I have a big honkin' box of Borg cards that I pulled from packs, inventoried, and immediately set aside because who has the time to figure out Decipher-era Borg? Where does a non-[Bor] player even begin to learn them these days? The [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck released with Q-Who is the first time I feel like I can dip my toes into playing Borg and get a feel for the faction without feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing and being overwhelmed by the accumulated rules bulk that the Borg trail behind them like a cometary tail.

I have yet to play the new deck and it's still a wholly new thing for me to try (so I'm sure I'll screw plenty up in the process of learning), but I feel like the Venn diagram of what I know of 1E and what [1E-TNG] [Bor] are is a much greater overlap than with standard [Bor]. I feel like what I get wrong will feel much less obtuse and more correctable because of the more familiar context.

:twocents:

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jjh wrote:
The CC is us.

I disagree. The CC is not the sum of "us" = all players, but is ruled by some who make decisions.

About 5 years ago i suggested Online Worlds and Country/Continental Championships (=Teamplay). I did volunteered but the "bosses" said no. So as long as this is the case "we" cannot do anything. After being turned down quite some times and had no "official" support, i meanwhile have no more interest in investing time to "you".
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
LuthySloan wrote:
jjh wrote:
The CC is us.

I disagree. The CC is not the sum of "us" = all players, but is ruled by some who make decisions.

About 5 years ago i suggested Online Worlds and Country/Continental Championships (=Teamplay). I did volunteered but the "bosses" said no. So as long as this is the case "we" cannot do anything. After being turned down quite some times and had no "official" support, i meanwhile have no more interest in investing time to "you".
Well, if you have the expertise to help make an online platform for that, I invite you to join us! Seriously. If you can help make your idea happen, I want to help you help all of us!

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
LuthySloan wrote:
jjh wrote:
The CC is us.

Thats 5 years ago. Online support has been growing.

There are major issues to overcome, rules to establish for it, and figure out how to best run it, but as JeBuS said, go ahead and volunteer. Go ahead and as Armus about it as well since he has been running online events a lot lately as well.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
LuthySloan wrote: About 5 years ago i suggested Online Worlds and Country/Continental Championships (=Teamplay). I did volunteered but the "bosses" said no. Well, if you have the expertise to help make an online platform for that, I invite you to join us! Seriously. If you can help make your idea happen, I want to help you help all of us!
Well when i do something i useally care for the entire big picture and ALL details, to make it a whole product. Yet the Trekcc is a teamwork of different people + hierachial bosses. I am quite senstive when different ideas of people with different experience levels, that do not work well with each other are put together. So i gave up controll complelty and let it go. Thus i will not take official work in the trekcc.

What i can do as a regular player in this message board is offer suggestions, ideas for online rules that then you can put together in a way that fits. I realized the Trekcc does some very good work, just a bit slower (bad cards errata later) that i would have done with my little perfectionistic OCD going on. My programming skills are to few to help and i really need to spend more time outside in nature and with people. programming is not doing me that well anymore.

So if you like my ideas for online play formats and suggestions to deal with the rules either here or in pm, tell me.

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Is there any interest from the greater area to com[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]