This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suppose this spaceline:

A B C D E F
>O>>>N

ABCDEF are each missions. O is an outpost at B, my starting point, and N is a Nor with a Cargo Bay at E, my ending point..

1. I move from B to A, then reverse direction and go from A to E.

Did I "pass" A, and do I get credit for it?

2. While at B, I play a Quantum Slipstream Drive and move my ship to F (which uses my RANGE), then to E on my next turn.

Do I get credit for C and D? How about F? The implied question here is can relocating a ship in such a fashion count as "passing" missions. My inclination is NO because otherwise a card like Hail should be able to "stop" my ship as it "slipsteams" by. Same for wormholes, magic carpet rides, etc. So C&D should not count, but do I get credit on my next turn for F when I move to E?

3. Where No One Has Gone Before is in play. I move from B to A to F to E. Do i get credit for A and F?

4. Does it matter if missions are in different quadrants?

So here is how I think this works.... as long as I'm using normal movement (not relocation) any mission that I either stop at, or fly by, regardless of how I got there or what direction I'm going in, counts as a mission passed. Is that correct?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
The glossary giveth:
Glossary: cargo run wrote: Your ship can take any path from the starting
facility to the ending facility, giving you
credit for each mission passed (except
starting and ending locations). You may
count each mission only once per cargo run.
See passing locations.
Glossary: passing locations wrote: passing locations – To “pass” or “fly by” a
location (e.g., for Cargo Bay, Subspace Warp
Rift, or Hail), your ship must move to it from
one location and away from it to a different
one, all using span numbers. The ship is not
considered to pass a mission if it moves
away from it back in the direction it came
from (e.g., picking up someone stranded at
the end of the spaceline), or if it moves to or
from the mission without using span
numbers (e.g., Wormhole).
Takket wrote:Suppose this spaceline:
Code: Select all
A B C D E F
> O > > > N
ABCDEF are each missions. O is an outpost at B, my starting point, and N is a Nor with a Cargo Bay at E, my ending point..

1. I move from B to A, then reverse direction and go from A to E.

Did I "pass" A, and do I get credit for it?
No, because to pass a location you have to exit in a different direction than you entered.
2. While at B, I play a Quantum Slipstream Drive and move my ship to F (which uses my RANGE), then to E on my next turn.

Do I get credit for C and D? How about F?
No to all, as well as B, since you didn't use span numbers to enter F, you didn't use span to exit B, and you were never at C and D at all.
3. Where No One Has Gone Before is in play. I move from B to A to F to E. Do i get credit for A and F?
This works, because you're still using span to fly around.
4. Does it matter if missions are in different quadrants?
Nope, only how you entered/left the location.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
another question........ i think i have this right.......... supposed i have one ship bouncing back and forth between two facilities. if i wanted to use kassidy yates to get two extra draws, i could only finish a run every other turn because of walking....

turn 1: depart outpost and get to nor. dock. yates walks to cargo bay

turn 2, yates walks to ship, departs for outpost. picks up new equipment. goes back to nor (assuming i have the range). Yates CANNOT get to the cargo bay because she already walked.

turn 3: yates walks to cargo bay.

lather rinse repeat.

so do i have that right? i mean i know i could use a different crew member to complete the run every turn, but not yates, because of the walking restriction, unless someone knows a trick i'm unaware of (like beaming her off the nor with invasive transporters and then back to her ship? LOL)

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:another question........ i think i have this right.......... supposed i have one ship bouncing back and forth between two facilities. if i wanted to use kassidy yates to get two extra draws, i could only finish a run every other turn because of walking....

turn 1: depart outpost and get to nor. dock. yates walks to cargo bay

turn 2, yates walks to ship, departs for outpost. picks up new equipment. goes back to nor (assuming i have the range). Yates CANNOT get to the cargo bay because she already walked.

turn 3: yates walks to cargo bay.

lather rinse repeat.

so do i have that right? i mean i know i could use a different crew member to complete the run every turn, but not yates, because of the walking restriction, unless someone knows a trick i'm unaware of (like beaming her off the nor with invasive transporters and then back to her ship? LOL)
Generally speaking this is correct. As you mention there are ways around the walking rule, like Invasive Transporters. If the Nor you're using is at Bajoran Worhmole, you can also move Yates around with The Celestial Temple.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]