This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah, why not give an outpost to the solving player? i mean 9 billion does it and contruct starship as well.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
On the alluded to errata for Wake of the Borg, can we please get the change(s) to it posted here, please?
Is it losing just the [Ref] icon? Is it gaining 'facilities seeded at beginning of the game' or what? It would help towards deckbuilding at this time to know. Transparency. Thank you.

We tested an errata of Wake of the Borg with Q Who / The Neutral Zone, but returned it to the Errata Team as they control the release of errata. As of today, it hasn't been approved yet which is why we haven't shown it to you or spoiled it. As soon as I know the exact details, I'll share them. A few more details appear hidden below. -crp

[hidden]We tried something new with the development of this set, where Errata handed a few cards off to Design to work on, because the design team had ideas and/or they were relevant to the new cards. Wake is just one of several that were worked on. But when we were done, they are still errata at the end of the day and under the control of the Errata Team. That's why you might hear Paddy, Niall, and others talking about working on errata with no further details. They did work on it, but the final decisions don't rest with them.[/hidden]

Btw, love the set overall. Would love to hear word on plans being initiated to work on post-Q Who? [1E-TNG] [Bor] / [BO] cards/set and would love to offer my assistance on such, if at all possible. Thank you, Niall, Paddy, Dan, and Charlie for your work/efforts on this.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote:On the alluded to errata for Wake of the Borg, can we please get the change(s) to it posted here, please?
I assume we'll see it along with the actual card (for those of us who don't BookFace) on Friday?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
will construct starship get an errata?
No.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:will construct starship get an errata?
Um... why would it?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Um... why would it?

because it overrides quad restrictions?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:
Armus wrote:
Um... why would it?

because it overrides quad restrictions?
So? That's not new.

Let me try asking a different way: What exists in this set that didn't exist previously that now creates a need for a Construct Starship Errata?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
consume outpost?

this whole question shit is retarded.

consume op is so carefully written to circumvent keeping an outpost into play that it makes me suspicous about cs future.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:consume outpost?

this whole question shit is retarded.

consume op is so carefully written to circumvent keeping an outpost into play that it makes me suspicous about cs future.
Your question appeared to come out of left field, thus my confusion of why it was being asked in the context of this thread.

Borg outposts getting built in the Alpha quad isn't new. Consume: Outpost is. Both are Borg cards that reference outposts, but that's where the similarities in. Dropping in a random uncontrolled Romulan Outpost and then munching it has nothing to do with, and is wholly different for gameplay purposes than building a Borg Outpost (and presumably using it) in the Alpha Quad.

It's Apples and Penguins.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
why make it uncontrolled then and discard it again?

If it would just install an outpost the card would be better.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Jesus! This card is causing heat!!!

Partially future-proofed, partially added for flavour and function.

Paddy will be posting a deck in the next couple of days making use of this Outpost download.

When The Neutral Zone is released, I'll be posting another deck, taking full advantage with what you can do with it.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Jesus! This card is causing heat!!!

Partially future-proofed, partially added for flavour and function.

Paddy will be posting a deck in the next couple of days making use of this Outpost download.

When The Neutral Zone is released, I'll be posting another deck, taking full advantage with what you can do with it.
hmmmmmmmmm can i use A change of Plans or Ultimate User to discard Consume Outpost, then Target with Assimilate Planet and when i'm done now i have an alpha outpost that is Borg that I can use? doesn't do a whole lot for me.... i can only play the alpha native Borg there (which i can do to the ship with TWBC anyway), but I can repair there i suppose and i didn't need to burn a card play on an outpost which i basically got for free.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Takket wrote:hmmmmmmmmm can i use A change of Plans or Ultimate User to discard Consume Outpost, then Target with Assimilate Planet and when i'm done now i have an alpha outpost that is Borg that I can use? doesn't do a whole lot for me.... i can only play the alpha native Borg there (which i can do to the ship with TWBC anyway), but I can repair there i suppose and i didn't need to burn a card play on an outpost which i basically got for free.
This does not work. Assimilating a planet only assimilates 'opposing' outposts. An uncontrolled outpost does not qualify as 'opposing'.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
Takket wrote:hmmmmmmmmm can i use A change of Plans or Ultimate User to discard Consume Outpost, then Target with Assimilate Planet and when i'm done now i have an alpha outpost that is Borg that I can use? doesn't do a whole lot for me.... i can only play the alpha native Borg there (which i can do to the ship with TWBC anyway), but I can repair there i suppose and i didn't need to burn a card play on an outpost which i basically got for free.
This does not work. Assimilating a planet only assimilates 'opposing' outposts. An uncontrolled outpost does not qualify as 'opposing'.
That's absurd. That rule should be changed. The Borg aren't going to assimilate a facility because my opponent doesn't control it? Makes zero trek AND game sense.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
At first I did not get the criticisms over Consume: Outpost. I thought (incorrectly) that there were outposts that allowed both players to report.

So my thought process was that if the Outpost did allow reporting by either player (wrong assumption again), the Borg's opponent could report their cards if the Borg player did not clear the missions dilemmas on the first attempt.

A check of the glossary today reminded me I how wrong I was:

"You may not use your opponent’s outposts (or operate their SHIELDS, transporters, holodecks, or other features), unless a card allows it. Both players may use headquarters and stations, regardless of ownership, unless otherwise specified."

So ... yeah, now I better understand the problems with this objective.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]