This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
  1. Strategic Base + Consume will net you 3 card draws.
  2. Consume + Spacedock will instantly repair your ship (cuz Spacedock doesn't care if you control the outpost).
  3. Consume + Incoming Message will lure your opponents' ship to NZ. (supposing your opponent plays an affiliation matching an IM and the uncontrolled outpost is "nearest")
#3 won't work either, for the same reason that #2 doesn't work: Incoming Message requires you to dock at the destination facility (just like Spacedock and REM Fatigue; see docking). You can't dock at an uncontrolled outpost, so it's not a valid target for Incoming Message.

Please read nothing into the fact that I'm re-reading this weeks-old thread.
I could see an argument to be made that Croden's Key allows you to dock at an uncontrolled outpost. Speaking of which, the glossary in Docking points to Croden, not Croden's Key.
normally i love a good rules discussion but this scenario playing out is so complex and inefficient i can't fathom that any Borg player would ever actually try it.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Takket wrote:normally i love a good rules discussion but this scenario playing out is so complex and inefficient i can't fathom that any Borg player would ever actually try it.
To be fair, my original point was that the functionality of the card was overly complex and inefficient and that's what spawned the discussion of "well, what's the point?".

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Not fervent to see cards brought in from outside the game become a thing, but if there's no way around it, I'd favor at least something specific (e.g. with Montana Missile Complex). IMO Consume: Outpost is a little too broad. After the game has begun, if and when it does matter, it doesn't seem right to call up a list of all outposts ever created to make that perfect selection.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]