This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Don't forget that TNG Borg have the ability to adapt to dilemmas on the same turn they are encountered thanks to Relentless! Who needs skills!?

As for looking for what missions to use for the Consume objectives; seeding a Kobayashi Maru Scenario adds Computer Skill to the mission requirements which makes it a valid target for Consume: Technology, opening up a lot more options for the Collective!

:borg:
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I got a HUGE problem with these TNG :borg: . Gowron of Borg & Tomalak of Borg should both get errata to be TNG cards. Otherwise Q of Borg should be the same as them. :twocents: :borg:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote:I got a HUGE problem with these TNG :borg: . Gowron of Borg & Tomalak of Borg should both get errata to be TNG cards. Otherwise Q of Borg should be the same as them. :twocents: :borg:
See the announcement. February 3rd.

Charlie also addressed this in the PoR today.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:I got a HUGE problem with these TNG :borg: . Gowron of Borg & Tomalak of Borg should both get errata to be TNG cards. Otherwise Q of Borg should be the same as them. :twocents: :borg:

So many great minds. So much alike-thinking! :wink: How many people have invented this same wheel now? :lol:

Of course, it's "not helping" (well...) that this great new expansion set has generated quite a number of topics and numerous pages of discussion... 8) :thumbsup:

(Or was that the same for previous sets, and is it just my partiality to :borg: hat makes me think that there's even MORE discussion for Q Who? :shifty: )

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So with the CC split for The Borg, am I the only one who thinks that maybe there should be TNG Ferengi counterpart made? I mean like the original three affiliations the Ferengi have their own card to combo with CC in Ferengi Military Operations and they in fact have more TNG personnel then they do DS9 personnel. And since I don't know how viable Assimilate Counterpart is in a [1E-TNG] Borg deck, they might at least have access to some decent skills if a good counterpart is chosen. I'd nominate Gozar myself if it would happen.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:So with the CC split for The Borg, am I the only one who thinks that maybe there should be TNG Ferengi counterpart made? I mean like the original three affiliations the Ferengi have their own card to combo with CC in Ferengi Military Operations and they in fact have more TNG personnel then they do DS9 personnel. And since I don't know how viable Assimilate Counterpart is in a [1E-TNG] Borg deck, they might at least have access to some decent skills if a good counterpart is chosen. I'd nominate Gozar myself if it would happen.
Except he should be ❖ Gozar of Borg. :P
Last edited by Marauder Mo on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
from a thematic point of view only bok of borg makes sense since he was the only farengi we saw on tng more then once.

also would be funny because then you get rivalry between locutus of borg and bok of borg just like between picard and bok.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery rox wrote:from a thematic point of view only bok of borg makes sense since he was the only farengi we saw on tng more then once.

also would be funny because then you get rivalry between locutus of borg and bok of borg just like between picard and bok.
Time for Nemesis Icons on Borg cards for the first time? :shifty: :borg:

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery rox wrote:from a thematic point of view only bok of borg makes sense since he was the only farengi we saw on tng more then once.

You're right there, though I think as far as usefulness goes Gozar might be a bit more useful. I guess that might be a matter of opinion though.
Iron Prime wrote:

Time for Nemesis Icons on Borg cards for the first time? :shifty: :borg:
Personal grudges are irrelevant...unless you're the Borg Queen. Then it's okay it seems.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:

Where is this "announcement"?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote:
Armus wrote:

Where is this "announcement"?
Right here.

Relevant except:
We bent the rules a teeny-tiny bit to make these guys play better and be more fun. But Locutus won't be the only [TNG] Counterpart for long - both Gowron of Borg and Tomalak of Borg are going to be changing from the ST:CCG property logo to the ST:TNG property logo.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote: You're right there, though I think as far as usefulness goes Gozar might be a bit more useful. I guess that might be a matter of opinion though.
i mean id rather have a sirol of borg then a tomalak of borg if were talking about usefulness but here we are.
Personal grudges are irrelevant...unless you're the Borg Queen. Then it's okay it seems.
which is funny because she says she brings order to chaos. so if tngs borgs dont have a queen you would think they would be ripe for such a rivalry!
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]