This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So these are the skills you get with one of each [TNG] [Bor] . This includes Gowron and Tomalak. So I wonder, what strategy would you use in mission selection, if you wanted to gain skills with the Consume objectives? The lack of Security is pretty striking considering how common that skill is on dilemmas.

Acquisition 0
Anthropology 1 (first listed)
Archaeology 2 (Locutus)
Astrophysics 1 (first listed)
Biology 2 (Third of Five) (first listed)
CIVILIAN 1 (Q) (first listed)
Computer Skill 1
Cybernetics 0
Diplomacy 4 (Gowron) (Locutus x2) (Tomalak)
Empathy 0
ENGINEER 2
Exobiology 1
Geology 2 (Third of Five) (first listed on third of Five and Twelve of Thirteen)
Greed 0
Honor 2 (Gowron) (Locutus)
Law 0
Leadership 4 (Gowron x2) (Locutus) (Tomalak)
MEDICAL 2 (first listed)
Music 1 (Locutus)
Navigation 3 (Locutus)
OFFICER 2 (Locutus) (Tomalak) (first listed on Locutus and Tomalak)
Physics 11 (Q x10) (first listed)
SCIENCE 2
SECURITY 1 (first listed)
Smuggling 0
Stellar Cartography 2 (Third of Five) (first listed)
Transporter Skill 1 (first listed)
Treachery 1 (Q)
V.I.P. 1 (Gowron) (first listed)
Youth 0
Last edited by Takket on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Assume Distribution Node is out. Which of these skills are first listed and therefore shared?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
❖ matters.

I can blast out 6 copies of a ❖ Security drone, but I can only get one V.I.P.

Any way to subdivide by universal/ unique?
Last edited by Armus on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:❖ matters.

I can blast out 6 copies of a ❖ Security drone, but I can only get one V.I.P.

Any way to subdivide by universal/ unique?
I edited the post to show what skills come from uniques (and Q). very interesting that ALL your office, honor, diplomacy and leadership comes from uniques......

The Last Outpost looks like a great mission........ among many
Last edited by Takket on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Assume Distribution Node is out. Which of these skills are first listed and therefore shared?
skills first listed are noted......
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Assume Distribution Node is out. Which of these skills are first listed and therefore shared?
skills first listed are noted......
Thanks!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is there any way, other than connectivity or procurement drones, to bring a vinculum? (It's not a personnel, so it is okay to play, even when playing [1E-TNG] -- right? I'm novice concerning the Virtual side of things.)

It might help with e.g. the Security. I don't like stocking 6 ❖ copies of a card, I'd rather see if I can get around it with different cards.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:So these are the skills you get with one of each [TNG] [Bor] . This includes Gowron and Tomalak
Do these two actually count? Despite being from TNG, their property logo simply says Star Trek Customizable Card Game. Can they be used without disrupting a TNG Borg deck?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote:
Takket wrote:So these are the skills you get with one of each [TNG] [Bor] . This includes Gowron and Tomalak
Do these two actually count? Despite being from TNG, their property logo simply says Star Trek Customizable Card Game. Can they be used without disrupting a TNG Borg deck?
They are going to be errataed to the TNG logo on February 3rd. This was already announced.

So the technical answer to your question is No, but it's about to become moot.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
They are going to be errataed to the TNG logo on February 3rd. This was already announced.

So the technical answer to your question is No, but it's about to become moot.
I must have missed that announcement somewhere. Okay so I realize this is kind of pointless since the sub faction isn't viable anyway but does that mean Bariel, Dukat, Weyoun and Brunt of Borg will be errated to have the DS9 logo?

Too bad the Borg don't have their own version of Spires of Romulus.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Slayer07 wrote:I must have missed that announcement somewhere. Okay so I realize this is kind of pointless since the sub faction isn't viable anyway but does that mean Bariel, Dukat, Weyoun and Brunt of Borg will be errated to have the DS9 logo?
It was in the announcement article:
But Locutus won't be the only [TNG] Counterpart for long - both Gowron of Borg and Tomalak of Borg are going to be changing from the ST:CCG property logo to the ST:TNG property logo. We announced the end of the ST:CCG property logo way back in 2015 when we changed Captain B'Etor to the ST:DS9 property logo so she'd work with Reshape the Quadrant. For the same reasons, we're changing these two counterparts to the ST:TNG property logo. So you'll have this to look forward to when our next errata update happens on February 3rd, 2020.
As for the others, we will change them if there is ever a gameplay need to do so. Note that we announced the "end" of the STCCG property logo in 2015 and didn't change these guys until it mattered, in 2020. So if having [1E-DS9] Borg ever matters, we'll make that change.

-crp

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Is there any way, other than connectivity or procurement drones, to bring a vinculum? (It's not a personnel, so it is okay to play, even when playing [1E-TNG] -- right? I'm novice concerning the Virtual side of things.)

It might help with e.g. the Security. I don't like stocking 6 ❖ copies of a card, I'd rather see if I can get around it with different cards.
I think just drawing and playing it or a Q's Tent. Using the Borg Vinculum would not discard Continuing Mission.
Last edited by 9of24 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Is there any way, other than connectivity or procurement drones, to bring a vinculum? (It's not a personnel, so it is okay to play, even when playing [1E-TNG] -- right? I'm novice concerning the Virtual side of things.)

Continuing Mission only discards if you play a non- [1E-TNG] personnel or ship. So facilities and equipment, have a ball! Play whatever you want. Should also be noted (slightly off topic) that persona swapping is not "playing" a personnel. So if you have [1E-TNG] Gorwon in play you can persona swap him with the DS9 Chancellor Gowron, and you won't lose Continuing Mission.
Last edited by Takket on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thanks for the list. skillset looks much better than expected. throw in a vinculum and youre good to go. I will just ignore skillgain via consume, but youth and law seem the most helpful here.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]