This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Q Continuum
A lot of the Flash-Cards are very underwhelming (they should be, you draw a lot - but they are so underwhelming they get discarded without effect 80% of the time). Flashes should mess with your brain like Tribbles, do somthing unexpected (QR-code anyone?). I also liked the idea of reporting Human Q to your opponent - except its not a good move (unless he came from outside the game).

BoG
I concur with much that is said here. Currently, I very much dislike battle in this game. If you prepare for it - even mildly, you always win against someone who did not. But if you did prepare defenses and your opponent didnt prepare an offense, you´re busted because he can outspeed you in solving. I get this looks like rock-paper-scissors but as someone who rarely actively WANTS to battle (being battled isnt fun and I dont like to do un-fun things to my fellow players) I´d like to see a more balanced approach here. Making Tactic decks mandatory and seed for free and getting rid of the regular battle rules would be one step.

AU
Thinking of it, AU hasnt been explored that much either. Yes, we have the [1E-AU] icon on many things, but I´m more looking for Berlinghoff-Rasmussen-style stuff (emilia Earhard ect.). And I dont feel these AU-people should just be regular people with an AU icon that you´ll never use but there should be an incentive to actually use them.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Blaze of Glory. [Tac]

It always botherd me that Battle Bridge Door was used to give it a 2nd function wasting the space on the card. How about creating a Battle Ops Door, thats whole purpose is to Open Battle Bridge side deck AND explain how it is used on the card.

And a [Holo] holodeck Adventure II would be cool too :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
+1 for BoG

And as someone who plays Q-flash regularly, sure wouldn't mind some fun new flash cards. Though I disagree with the apparent consensus that it's weak as it is now.

Also wouldn't mind seeing a 2E II, to fill out some more of the 2EBC cards that were removed from the game:
Blind Spot, Nelvana Trap & Once More Unto the Breach (pre-errata!) in particular

And, of course, there're some other personnel, ships, events and interrupts that could be put onto the 1E template and we wouldn't need to worry too much about balancing, since they were all already in the game, though I recognize it would be an art heavy project.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Spectre9 wrote:What's the BoG obsession here?

Do people want more tactic cards?

I didn't really feel the theme of the set that strongly aside from "Look here's more Klingons".
It fleshed out a part of the game that was really bland. I think a BoGII that did the same thing for personnel would be great, not to mention some way for defensive-players to actually use them without cost. There's certainly more design space available in Tactics, to actually make their use tactical, rather than just more stat bonus.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I didn't really feel the theme of the set that strongly aside from "Look here's more Klingons".
only a few new tactic cards, mainly i always consider [Tac] vs [Tac] great. unfotunatly it rarely happend, because
a) the rules are not on the card
b) quadrant hopping is difficualt
c) the balance between pure solver vs. pure battle decks is not found yet.

Maybe new tactic cards that do not kill people but do other fancy stuff like target these coodinates or quantum torpedo does.

I would also love ships or tactical personal with [DL] for specific tactic cards.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:

It fleshed out a part of the game that was really bland. I think a BoGII that did the same thing for personnel would be great, not to mention some way for defensive-players to actually use them without cost. There's certainly more design space available in Tactics, to actually make their use tactical, rather than just more stat bonus.
Plus you could use them with damaging dilemmas to get some added effects.

My personal fave was to use range reducers so that Jr blew people up.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
My #1 spot would be for Q Continuum. It's unfortunate that only about half of the current Q-icon cards are considered playable, and John DeLancie was such a memorable and fun part of TNG that his absence from the game is very striking to me.

In addition to the untouched Q appearances in Voyager, apart from Quinn, I'd love to see what is done with Mrs. Q and Q Jr.

While we're at it, the Squire of Gothos could surely be fodder for some TOS era Q cards? I know it's not explicitly stated, but Trelane being a juvanile Q is pretty universally accepted into continuity at this point right...?

And since we now have "Q of Borg", there's no reason why the rest of Q's appearances in the computer game couldn't also be mined for material.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation