This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which tournament promo series should be reprinted first?

Series L (Orb of Wisdom - Naprem)
7%
Series M (Hippocratic Oath - Minister T'Pau)
40%
Series N (Altonian Brain Teaser - Quark's Bar)
53%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

I've heard that there is a demand for some of our recent tournament promo series to be reprinted. I want to make sure I'm putting that in the works, but that I'm doing the right set of promos. So of the most recent three series, which one do you most want to see reprinted? Which one didn't get to you our your groups?

Series L
176 VP: Orb of Wisdom
177 VP: Edo Probe
178 VP: Undetected Beam-In
179 VP: The Traveler: Transcendence
180 VP: Evade Patrolling Squadron
181 VP: Commandeer Ship
182 VP: Bareil
183 VP: Penk
184 VP: Naprem

Series M
191 VP: Hippocratic Oath
192 VP: The Cloud
193 VP: Lower Decks
194 VP: Protect the Timeline
195 VP: Going to the Top
196 VP: Duras Son of Toral
197 VP: Admiral Valdore
198 VP: Jeremiah Hayes
199 VP: Minister T'Pau

Series N
209 VP: Altonian Brain Teaser
210 VP: Incentive-Based Economics
211 VP: Kira Nerys
212 VP: Bashir Founder
213 VP: Miles O'Brien
214 VP: Worf
215 VP: Jodmos
216 VP: Odo
217 VP: Quark's Bar

In this poll, please vote for the set of promos you most want to see reprinted. I'll put the one with the most votes into reprints first, but the others will be reprinted eventually based on how many votes they get. And thanks for voting and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to argue for your favorite promo set in replies, too.

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
HoodieDM wrote:Charlie, great idea!

Question, will older sets ever possibly get this treatment? I'd love to get a foil of U.S.S. Voyager (Series A) and its one of the oldest out there.

Just asking if I can ever get my hopes up :)

Thanks!
~D
Put together a League! We reprinted Series A both last year and this year as League kits!
 -  
Prophet
Klauser wrote:Not trying to snark here - just trying to understand. Why would there be an interest in re-imaging a Tournament Series, which are re-imaged versions of earlier cards?
It's not re-imaging them. It's reprinting them. Same images as the previous run, with a possibly updated copyright date and removal of the 1st printing mark. Just to get more of them out there.

-crp

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Can't we just make it so that after designated amount of time units (say 2 years or so) after the promo series was discontinued its 1 printing is removed and copyright date and so on is changed then make it purchasable by tournament directors as extra prices or something like this. Then, if the TD's local player base wants the cards then the TD can jsut purchase any of the older Promo sets at his own peril, sorry, will. The cost is the same, just more for a TD to chose from for the TD's when arranging a Tournament.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wouldn't reprinting previous series promos with a new copyright date and the 1st printing designation removed make them new versions? Would these new versions become printable for those collectors who do not attend tournaments but want to have versions for their own collection?
 -  
Prophet
edgeofhearing wrote:I'd go back much further than these sets. I don't understand the resistance to reprinting promo sets that hardly anyone had access to.
There are plans to eventually reprint all of the older promo sets as well. But we've had some notable supply and distribution problems over the past few years, and this is an attempt to address those now.

-crp

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.