This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Any chance of getting Alice Series renamed to just Alice? The card is meant to represent one member of the series, not the entire series after all.

And will I then be allowed to make Alice references? You'll have to kiss mah grits, 'cause there's a new girl in town and the best defense is a good offense. I don't want it both ways! I just want it my way!

Okay, I'll stop.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
D'oh.

Would Alice Series Android fit the title bar or Alice Unit maybe? (I admit this is a small quibble, really.)

It might fit, but why? I like the name. It's how they were described in the show. -crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Just to check, is it the Cloaked Maneuvers interrupt that gets shuffled back into the deck if used on a [Rom] [OS] , or the [Rom] [OS] ship itself? Got a bit confused reading the card.

Thanks.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

Yup. If you use it on a [Rom] [OS] ship, you get to shuffle the interrupt back into your deck instead of discarding it. -crp

Thank you Charlie and jrch5618. That makes a lot more sense. :D
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:Just to check, is it the Cloaked Maneuvers interrupt that gets shuffled back into the deck if used on a [Rom] [OS] , or the [Rom] [OS] ship itself? Got a bit confused reading the card.

Thanks.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
It reads that the interrupt gets shuffled in for re-use. Not the ship. (That'd suck most of the time.)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is there an easter egg hiding in Ensign Tamara's lore? I fee like I'm missing something...

Creative hat, and confession time...

Al Vermont’s name is based on Alan French (mentioned in the article) who lives in Vermont. Carri (The Terran Empire) was based on one of Alan’s friends. Tamara is another of his friends. As were Nefets and Jacen in Coming of Age. Alan spent years as the backbone of playtesting - this was my way to reward him.

It’s why after years of questions in Q&A’s about Hats, I rewarded those questions when picking the theme of Taking Charge!

And I’ve planted my work colleagues in other cards, such as Jiten’Parekh, Dacres, Mellis and Shah’Razad
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Iron Prime wrote:Is there an easter egg hiding in Ensign Tamara's lore? I fee like I'm missing something...
Well, the first self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction did occur under the squash courts at U of C, so the radiation shielding story tracks.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the actress, though.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:Is there an easter egg hiding in Ensign Tamara's lore? I fee like I'm missing something...
Well, the first self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction did occur under the squash courts at U of C, so the radiation shielding story tracks.

Yeah, the UofC reaction was what I thought of - but the comment about genetics made me think she was on another show or something?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would also be curious if there are any tales from the development/evolution of Nelvana Trap? It seems like it could be quite nasty...
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:

Yeah, the UofC reaction was what I thought of - but the comment about genetics made me think she was on another show or something?
I think resilient would have been better than resistant... but I wasn't around at the time.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
With Hard Working, Happy Androids referencing Lore's Fingernail was their any anticipation of the "Lt. Cmdr. Data" persona discussion recurring? He's still referenced on U.S.S. Sutherland as well (as Lt. Commander Data)? Or is there going to be forthcoming errata? Or did we get a rules clarification that I had missed?

One day, I’d like to make both a Lt Cmdr Data and a Lt Commander Data to close both broken links. No plans at present though...

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:I would also be curious if there are any tales from the development/evolution of Nelvana Trap? It seems like it could be quite nasty...
Well, it was a 2E event that got dropped with the others when the bc cards were excised from the 1E OTF rules. So it wasn't from scratch, but I am curious how it came to be converted to a dilemma.

It's interesting that it was scaled back to only OS & TNG for the dilemma variation, when the event had no such restriction, and gave an extra kill of an opponent's personnel. Additionally, it was a maneuver event that could be downloaded by Suran (who could be grabbed turn 1 with DH to plop the trap on an opponent's mission straight away), or even the ECH -- the 2E ECH being even better still for it.

My point being, it was seemingly much more powerful as an event, though at the cost of having to forfeit the element of surprise. That makes sense, of course, but I did find it interesting that somehow even though the trap was legal for years, Scimitar or Prometheus wasn't ever a problem before, but perhaps in playtesting someone demonstrated that it could've been (though, worse than the Decius with max firepower?) and that restriction was, unfortunately added.
One day, I’d like to make both a Lt Cmdr Data and a Lt Commander Data to close both broken links. No plans at present though...
Or the Sutherland and fingernail could get small errata.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I suspect converting Nelvana Trap to a dilemma did one thing, which caused another thing:

(1) as a dilemma, its usage skyrocketed. No more worrying about getting it into hand early, no more needing to spend a card play on it. But, with higher usage...

(2) ...came greater exploitation, as suddenly strategies like Promethus / Scimitar, which were not previously very viable, became hella viable.

OTOH, there's definitely Romulan players who think Engage Cloak is the suckiest, and I'm not sure this lures them into playing it.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]