This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Starting this thread because there somehow isn't one yet?

And I needed a place to comment on how happy I am to see Gary Seven and his sonic screwdriver neural servo finally entering 1E for the first time... and, if I read my image sources page correctly, he's never been in 2E, either!

Hello, Nuclear Disarmament!

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
too bad the skills are too easy to come by these days and agents are barely seen now 22nd fell out of flavor.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nice meta card if you're having benefactor issues in your area. Always nice to see animal make it onto a card again as well.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Spectre9 wrote:Interesting that it works well with Bajor region.
I knew Charlie would get a chubby at this card

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
unless there is a way to dl it in seed i dont see much use of strategic sector. but yeah i really like it works everywhere.

nvm its one turn use only, i thought it was eot draws.

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm pretty stoked that The Squire's Rules exists. It basically means the random dilemma piles variant we sometimes play with casually can now be taken to OTF games, but with the added benefit of stopping personnel. It's like someone in design took our variant and made it better :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
tlmirkes wrote:I'm pretty stoked that The Squire's Rules exists. It basically means the random dilemma piles variant we sometimes play with casually can now be taken to OTF games, but with the added benefit of stopping personnel. It's like someone in design took our variant and made it better :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Its a fun thing. If I ever decide to play 1E again ( I do have the complete collection ) that definately would be a thing to try out.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I love The Squire's Rules.

Don't have time to build dilemma combos? BAM.
Are your combos played out? BAM.
Do you have a player that can always guess what's coming? BAM.
Need a new player friendly deck? BAM.

Is this better than seeded combos? Absolutely not. Is it a neat new option? Hell yes!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:I love The Squire's Rules.

Is this better than seeded combos? Absolutely not. Is it a neat new option? Hell yes!

-crp
Yeah I was thinking of what dilemmas I'd include in my "dilemma pile" and what got me was all the really good [S] and [P] options that become unavailable.

On the one hand it's an interesting challenge. On the other hand, there's a lot of good options that get left out. On the other other hand, this could mess with the Tier 1 players who see one dilemma and immediately know the combo behind it.

It's definitely a different, and on net good, new option for the game. I'm legit curious how much high level play it will see.
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
If you're used to having your games called on time, this could give you a few more minutes :)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:I love The Squire's Rules.

-crp
Yeah I was thinking of what dilemmas I'd include in my "dilemma pile" and what got me was all the really good [S] and [P] options that become unavailable.

On the one hand it's an interesting challenge. On the other hand, there's a lot of good options that get left out. On the other other hand, this could mess with the Tier 1 players who see one dilemma and immediately know the combo behind it.

It's definitely a different, and on net good, new option for the game. I'm legit curious how much high level play it will see.
I feel like this is the card from the set that's going to task me and I shall answer him. While on break at work I already had my first "hmmm I wonder if..." moment with it.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Squire is a really nice shake up card for the game. Will be interesting to see what works with it. Need to pair dilemmas that take the most advantage of that "stop" of one personnel. Also makes mission stealing hard since you take off the table the "this combo is tough but my deck can blow right through it" combo that people use to try and steal.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]