This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
if my opponent uses Test for weakness to DL an Earth outpost "under my control", can i throw a strategic base on it? i would love to put one in my deck just for the look on their face lol
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:if my opponent uses Test for weakness to DL an Earth outpost "under my control", can i throw a strategic base on it? i would love to put one in my deck just for the look on their face lol
Don't see a reason offhand why you couldn't.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Takket wrote:Strategic Sector

if 2 ❖ Space has been inserted in the middle of a region... does that count as "two missions" and net me a card draw?
According to the glossary they don't become part of that region, so they are just space in between that region.
Last edited by eberlems on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:

if 2 ❖ Space has been inserted in the middle of a region... does that count as "two missions" and net me a card draw?
According to the glossary they don't become part of that region, so they are just space in between that region.
So... why would I use Strategic sector as a draw engine rather than Kivas Fajo Collector? To get 4 draws out of SS, I have to have 6 missions in a region and then I can't seed a facility.

Only advantage I see is my opponent can't mirror image SS.
Last edited by Takket on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:
Indeed.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Takket wrote:
eberlems wrote:

So... why would I use Strategic sector as a draw engine rather than Kivas Fajo Collector? To get 4 draws out of SS, I have to have 6 missions in a region and then I can't seed a facility.

That can be pretty big. Strategic Sector also counts all missions in play, so if you suspect other Maquis players (or Neutral Zone), you can splash some missions and potentially draw a lot more cards.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Takket wrote:
eberlems wrote:

Plus, you don't have to do anything - Don't need to discard an [1E-AU] card for Temporal Shifting, don't need 4 Treachery for War Council, don't need to have a staffed ship at an opponent's misison and play [1E-TNG] for Let's See What's Out There, have more females than males for Life's Simple Pleasures or have to be a different quadrant and play [1E-DS9] for New Frontiers.

Michael
Last edited by The Ninja Scot on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:
The Ninja Scot wrote:Will there be any new achievements?

Michael,
asking for a "friend"
Maybe :shifty:
Image , [D] , [OS] [Rom]
Follow-up. Question: Do any of these achievements require blowing up an Earth Outpost?

Reason I ask is because EO breaks all of the affiliation ties of a non- [Fed] deck. Kinda hard to get an [OS] [Rom] achievement if it requires stocking EO...

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

An unlimited deck size might be one, from the orig[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]