This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:i think it would break the game though, if you could easily run between quads. You would also have problems finding anything treksense besides wormholes.
there are no known other pathways.
The only "trek sense" it may violate is how long it takes to get from quadrant A to quadrant B as it's just space travel... take in point I.K.C. Voq'leng which made it all the way to the [1E-DQ] without any wormholes.

- James M

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mission
[S] Cross Dark Space [1E-DQ] [1E-GQ] (so must be inserted between DQ and GQ)
any crew may attempt
Requirements: Navigation x2, Stellar Cartagrophy and Cunning >30
Adjecent Mission that belong to only one quadrant are span = 5
Span: 6. 30 points

Or make the mission more difficult and >35 points. That way player might actually want to meet there and interact ;)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
LuthySloan wrote: [1E-DQ] [1E-GQ] (so must be inserted between DQ and GQ)
Not to be That Guy, but this place doesn't exist under current rules.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think the spaceline is one of those things that we just have to accept.

Regions can be both an advantage or disadvantage.

There are plenty of fast ships and things that let you more faster or wrap around the spaceline ends.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:On the topic of spaceline quadrant hopping, we already have a way to get from one space line end in the Alpha Quadrant to the Delta Quadrant: Quantum Slipstream Drive. 1E is already complex enough as it is.
Also Barzan Wormhole.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:I was thinking along similar lines, Nerdo, but to Charlie's point about doing it with cards, maybe we have a mission that acts as that gateway and inserts into the spaceline where the Regional missions are, causing them to be "pushed down" to their own sub-spaceline.

I'm sure that would require development and testing but it could accomplish what Ensign Q is going for without having to add a literal dimension to the spaceline.
Thats what I had in mind when I mentioned the reminder card. Let me experiment a bit:

Card Type:
Mission

Mission Title:
Bajoran Region

Mission Type:
Doorway 8)

Location and Lore:
Bajoran Region. The Bajorans ... blah, blah

Expansion Icon:
Regional Specialties :cheersL:

Requirements:
none

Gametext:
You may enter the Bajoran System by spending 1 range. Place your ship on any Bajoran Region Mission in play.

Affilation Icons:
This mission cannot be attempted or scouted.

Point Box:

Quadrant:
Alpha

Span:
2 (maybe more for bigger regions and less for smaller regions)

As you give up a mission slot, it maybe might give you a bonus when attempting Bajoran Region missions. The design team could decide if it is on every attempt or just once per game per mission or whatever.

That is what is going through my mind right now.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
LuthySloan wrote: [1E-DQ] [1E-GQ] (so must be inserted between DQ and GQ)
Not to be That Guy, but this place doesn't exist under current rules.
Yeah sure. It would be a new rule.

My other suggestion with RANGE ++ for all players ships in regions could be done as a card version.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm wary of piling on more rules bloat. Rules may well be the answer, but I would like to explore cards that reward and/or punish region use. The Neutral Zone is a nice start for carrot cards - depending on it's effects on the meta over the next few months I wouldn't mind seeing more.

Likewise I wouldn't mind seeing some cards that discourage or work against regions if the start to cause too many issues. Maybe something that lets you play spaceline pollution if there are too many cards for one region...?
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]