This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think there's a clear intention by Decipher to show that they are in fact holograms from the gametext of Holodeck Door.

Even the Barash card mentions holographic technology and Hologram Ruse.

I think it comes down to the problem with the [1E-AU] icon and Decipher wanting to create things like Decius which is technically a hologram and not something from an alternate universe.

I think there is no doubt everything from the episode is a hologram and not something from an alternate universe but Decipher chose to interpret it in 2 different ways at the same time.

It's probably best left as it is. But as Riker said in the episode:

Shall we end this charade?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
as a conclusion to the commander data is not an android discussion, i think yes of course.

decius doesnt have a [Bar] icon, so no problem here.

i always thought they went for another icon, because its a set of promocards.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
They also made another couple later on Prot and Ambassador Tomalak.

I think the original intention behind saying [Bar] Data was not an android was to say that he is a hologram and holograms can't be androids duh

Perhaps they should be in a special class of holograms that don't need a holodeck to function but technically the planet Barash was stranded on did have holo emitters installed (along with a brain scanner).

Perhaps these cards just need to be put in the "this old Decipher stuff doesn't make no sense but we can't change it now" pile. But with such a small pool of cards surely the effort isn't very large.

I think in the early days Decipher just wanted to slap [1E-AU] icon on everything and it just isn't correct to have done so in terms of Trek sense and game design sense.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
at the moment, i dont feel the cc is willing to change anything, no matter the effort.

so ruling them as [Holo] would make their [1E-AU] fall off?

maybe just rules them as species: holograms then.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:at the moment, i dont feel the cc is willing to change anything, no matter the effort.

I don't think there's any mechanical reason you couldn't have an [1E-AU] [Holo] personnel.

Once upon a time there was talk about doing something with the [Barash] icon to extend it (since an entire icon for one episode is kinda wasteful), but obviously nothing came of it.

As for "no matter the effort", it's more a ROI issue - Barash is used on a handful of generally not fantastic personnel that don't see tons of play. There's bigger fish to fry.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
just because theyre not used much yet doesnt mean it does not lead to problem then

like for example commander datas species is suddenly more relevant due to NZ.

besides, cc is even leavin uhura alone, although shes highly meta relevant.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:at the moment, i dont feel the cc is willing to change anything, no matter the effort.

I don't think there's any mechanical reason you couldn't have an [1E-AU] [Holo] personnel.

The nine Revised cards like Revised Janeway would certainly agree that there is no mechanical reason that it can't happen.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]