This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
I say yes, and I say fix/change the 1 Tribble regardless.

Oh, and I think that higher-level Tribbles (and more variety in the other numbers) would be great. (and I'll stop there for fear of going too far down the Tribble hole)

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Nope, don't want to see any tribbles stuff. In a 1e game they can be borderline NPE, highly annoying, and make a messy table.
In can only tolerate them in a HotE deck. Anything else is just a dick move by your opponent. :P

So, no thanks, no more tribbles/troubles
:)
 -  
TyKajada wrote:.

Nope, don't want to see any tribbles stuff. In a 1e game they can be borderline NPE, highly annoying, and make a messy table.
In can only tolerate them in a HotE deck. Anything else is just a dick move by your opponent. :P

So, no thanks, no more tribbles/troubles
:)
A big part of what makes them extra annoying/NPE is the 1 Tribble. What if they were changed so that they didn't stop someone randomly?
(Or if 1 Tribble (which, let's be honest, isn't even needed) was gone?)

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Similar response as many others; as is - no. Remove/change 1 Tribble (no random stop), and add some thematic, interactive and easier way of countering them (for all, some additional Tibble Hunt bonus point objective for Klingons would be Bonus [Trib] :shifty: ) - then I don't see why not.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
scox wrote:Similar response as many others; as is - no. Remove/change 1 Tribble (no random stop), and add some thematic, interactive and easier way of countering them (for all, some additional Tibble Hunt bonus point objective for Klingons would be Bonus [Trib] :shifty: ) - then I don't see why not.
Dump 'em on a planet you don't care about. (Or on a random ship). You just need to commit to the stops now to prevent the hassles later.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Qualified yes. (Unlike Q flash which was a strong yes).

There are many different players types and deck types. Tribbles currently lend themselves to the prison/annoyance player. (Of which I can gladly be sometimes. In Magic I don't mind running land destruction cards.). Sometimes denying your opponent the ability to play how they want, or at all can be fun - in moderation.

But that's not why I think they should be brought back. They include mechanically the ability to have silver bullets that are targeted to current game issues.

Too many downloads? Make a tribble that "whenever your opponent downloads a non-tribble card, download a tribble here."

Too many downloads? Either make getting to 100,000 quicker, or make a smaller one that adds a "tax" to free reports. "All free reports here are stopped for the turn", "To report a personnel for "free" here, opponent must. discard a card", etc.

The nice part about tribbles as a silver bullet, is that they include but in ways for the opponent to deal with them.
Unlike Events, or Incidents, your opponent can drop them places, or beam them away. It just requires the most precious resource in the game - time.
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: The nice part about tribbles as a silver bullet, is that they include but in ways for the opponent to deal with them.
Unlike Events, or Incidents, your opponent can drop them places, or beam them away. It just requires the most precious resource in the game - time.
This summarizes my feelings very well. Well said!
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]