This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
FAVE:

Squire's Rules (what a great way to just... make things easier when you want to play a fast, casual game)

Long Live the Empire (this makes No-Hand Starfleet playable, I think. Just as confusing and complicated as before, but "confusing and complicated" is as core to No-Hand Starfleet's identity as it is to non-TNG Borg. It's the kind of deck I love piloting.)

Experience BiJ! (just a very neat dilemma with a very fun story)

Primary Turbolift (the reporting function is so urgently needed by Nors, it's incredible we survived this long without it; I kinda hate the draw function on it, which really undermines the card's drive toward simpler Nor play, but I think the reporting function is so important it balances out)

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1. White Rabbit. My absolute favorite. Its just soo cute. And I like point drain. It might be too easy to pass though :(

2. Tricyanate Poisoning. A friendly fire like card that makes you run forgotten missions. great.

3. Bij more or less is just another garbage ship. i still like it. especially in mission debriefing decks. (its NOT a stop without)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Experience Bij! for the memes.

The Neutral Zone offers an interesting package of a card draw, RANGE boost, and points. It already has me thinking about changing around some missions in my decks to accommodate it.

Shah'Razad was startling to see on the card list. That name brings to mind the storyteller from One Thousand and One Nights. Obviously in this case they'd gone and stuck the text from the MTG counterpart into the skill box of a Jem'Hadar, and this game was going places. *click* SCIENCE! Very nice!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1. Tricyanate poisoning - a more flexible friendly fire. It's not very useable against Borg though since worth doesn't change printed value. A 1 turn stop vs Borg is ok so this will see play for sure.

2. Squires rules - fun is good. Whether it's competitive is yet to be seen.

3. Eminian - it's good. But it's pretty much in line with the other kill then walls. So it will get played in the same way that rules of obedience gets played.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Data's Socks wrote:Experience Bij! for the memes.

The Neutral Zone offers an interesting package of a card draw, RANGE boost, and points. It already has me thinking about changing around some missions in my decks to accommodate it.

The Neutral Zone is nice, Romulans have always been really lacking for draw engines. The one thing I'd note about it though is that it's a bit of a risk, because you've got to seed all those Neutral Zone missions and so you're offering your opponent the opportunity to get the same benefit from it as you, since they may also get a draw off of it every turn by moving a ship into the zone.
How can we Interact with a Stopped Ship?

(I personally file "2E did it" in the[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

It wasn’t deemed important at the time.

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]