This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By underdoug
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I noticed that mostly all of the federation characters that appeared in voyager is covered in card form, but I haven't seen a card of Seska in federation form in any of the expansions. She didn't stay on the federation side for very long in the show, but she was federation for a little while. It would expand the federation content for the delta quadrant abit.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Second Edition has Seska.

First Edition has Seska but that's post-heel turn.

I'm not sure 1e needs more [1E-DQ] [Fed] personnel right now, but maybe an alpha [Maq] [Car] version with <Fed> and <Maq> infiltration icons could be fun....

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:The reason is Voyager is not being revisited by the CC any time soon.

The reasons for that you can get from the people that played the game back in the years between Voyager block and OTF format.
I wouldn't necessarily classify it that way. At least not completely.

[1E-DQ] [Fed] is in a pretty good spot right now. They got a ton of help in Metamorphosis with the Revised crew getting converted over from 2e, and Full Complement of Shuttles basically gives you a whole deck type to play with.

On the other hand, [Kaz] , [Vid] , and [Hir] have gotten very little love over the last several years. [Hir] [Holo] used to be a top deck, but now, while playable, it's disadvantaged against both [22] and [OS] decks. [Kaz] was tier 1 with the carrier fleet armada deck but got errataed down to tier 2. [Vid] have been terrible for years and continue to be so. Hopefully Project Viking will bring them some much-needed help. :cross:

All of that adds up to this: [Fed] is the one [1E-DQ] faction that really doesn't need help right now, while the others are dying for any kind of support. Combine that with the fact that [1E-DQ] isn't really up in the rotation right now, and there's not a lot of reason to make a 1e Fed Seska in the near future.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Spectre9 wrote:The reason is Voyager is not being revisited by the CC any time soon.

The reasons for that you can get from the people that played the game back in the years between Voyager block and OTF format.

[1E-DQ] [Fed] is in a pretty good spot right now. They got a ton of help in Metamorphosis with the Revised crew getting converted over from 2e, and Full Complement of Shuttles basically gives you a whole deck type to play with.

On the other hand, [Kaz] , [Vid] , and [Hir] have gotten very little love over the last several years. [Hir] [Holo] used to be a top deck, but now, while playable, it's disadvantaged against both [22] and [OS] decks. [Kaz] was tier 1 with the carrier fleet armada deck but got errataed down to tier 2. [Vid] have been terrible for years and continue to be so. Hopefully Project Viking will bring them some much-needed help. :cross:

All of that adds up to this: [Fed] is the one [1E-DQ] faction that really doesn't need help right now, while the others are dying for any kind of support. Combine that with the fact that [1E-DQ] isn't really up in the rotation right now, and there's not a lot of reason to make a 1e Fed Seska in the near future.
Thanks for this info :thumbsup:

Really like hearing the stories of how the meta has evolved.

All I heard was Delta quadrant was all the rage for a long time.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Aren't we also missing the normal version of The Twin Mistresses of Evil?
Wasn't the gag that the Delaneys never appeared on screen outside that episode?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
AllenGould wrote:
eberlems wrote:Aren't we also missing the normal version of The Twin Mistresses of Evil?
They are scheduled to appear on a new Tribbles (the game) card in 2020. :D

-crp

By Entilzha
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:

I haven't played in a while. But Full Complement of Shuttles makes me want to play DQ Fed ;)

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:05 am
Part of me has to ask; is that really relevant? We have Borg counterparts that never appeared on screen either but were made. We have Q of Borg which also never appeared on screen but was made. I'd say as long as they appear outside of the holodeck (and I think they did) then it should be easy enough to make happen...if it was deemed necessary to do so, and I think that's the one wall that can't really be scaled.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Slayer07 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:52 pm
Part of me has to ask; is that really relevant? We have Borg counterparts that never appeared on screen either but were made. We have Q of Borg which also never appeared on screen but was made. I'd say as long as they appear outside of the holodeck (and I think they did) then it should be easy enough to make happen...if it was deemed necessary to do so, and I think that's the one wall that can't really be scaled.
Well, the counterparts are pretty explicitly alternate-universe "what if" cards to contrast with the actual counterpart, Locutus. (Similarly with Q, though he's not a counterpart and doesn't even have subcommand icons.)

But do note that The Twin Mistresses of Evil is not a persona of anyone, which means that either the card would have to receive an erratum to its lore to make it a persona of Megan Delaney and Jenny Delaney, or we'd have a case of one dual-personnel card being a persona of another dual-personnel card. (Which wouldn't necessarily be difficult, just, I think, unprecedented.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:10 am

Well, the counterparts are pretty explicitly alternate-universe "what if" cards to contrast with the actual counterpart, Locutus. (Similarly with Q, though he's not a counterpart and doesn't even have subcommand icons.)

But do note that The Twin Mistresses of Evil is not a persona of anyone, which means that either the card would have to receive an erratum to its lore to make it a persona of Megan Delaney and Jenny Delaney, or we'd have a case of one dual-personnel card being a persona of another dual-personnel card. (Which wouldn't necessarily be difficult, just, I think, unprecedented.)
Yeah, just give Megan and Jenny the The Traveler treatment with some lore along the lines of "Enjoy dressing up as The Twin Mistresses of Evil on the holodeck" or whatever.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:10 am

I'd say that depends on how it's done. The lore itself does say "Captain Proton villains portrayed by the Delaney sisters, Megan and Jenny." On paper the simplest option is to bold the Delaney sisters and have that be the name given to their Federation counterparts. Much like other twins in this game, it would make sense to make them a dual personnel card and given they appeared in one episode it's not like we could tell them apart anyway. The slightly more complex option (due to the size and fullness of the lore box) is of course to change the lore to "Captain Proton villains portrayed by Megan Delaney and Jenny Delaney" if they were to somehow be made into single personnel. And then there is Armus's idea of just including The Twin Mistresses of Evil in their lore for the persona rule too.

Technically it's not a first thanks to Third and FourthandRebi and Azanthough of course they can't really be persona swapped (at least at the moment) because of Borg deck building rules so the Delaney Sisters would be the first instance of dual personnel swapping into dual personnel rules mattering if that option was chosen.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:52 pm I'd say as long as they appear outside of the holodeck (and I think they did)
That's the rub - MemAlpha says that there was a deleted scene of them in uniform, and that's it. Remember, the Sisters only actually appear in a single episode - the rest of the time they're name-dropped only.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]