This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
princedetenebres wrote:
Respectfully, did you look at these? Because you're certainly right that at least a couple of the images there are a bit blurry, but that's definitely not the case with all of them -- and moreover, there's no reason that it has to be specifically that frame linked that needed to be used. It was just a suggestion of a source for approximately where they could be pulled.

Forgive me, I don't mean to be rude, but I find such exaggeration to be the opposite of persuasive, and while what you say could be fair for a couple of the images, no doubt, the others, not so much, your reaction strikes me as well, something of an overreaction.
Yes I have seen all of your images.
So forgive me, the number in my previous post should be 6.

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/ ... es_166.jpg
that's the only picture that qualifies for a card's image. (despite the fact that the Romulan here is looking very stupid)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Note: If Creative can not find enough good quality images we usually push back on that concern early in development.

In cases where I’m working on the set, I assess that before we create personnel. For example, in Q Who I’d identified a maximum of 6 possible images from the episode, so we knew we were limited to that...
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
MidnightLich wrote: Which episode - of any available series - should inspire its own boutique set?

So, my question today is if you could pick any episode (or two-part episode) to inspire a boutique expansion, which one would you pick? And why would you pick that episode?

Any reasons are valid, but please share them with us when pitching your idea.

Feel free to pitch some high concepts along with your post, but remember that you aren't pitching cards, mechanics, or card lists either - this is a concept pitch, where you explain at a very high level what the set would be about.

I look forward to reading your pitches and see what episodes you want to see as inspiration for future boutique sets.
Drive!

Why?
Podracing in 1E!
You know you want it!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:
MidnightLich wrote: Which episode - of any available series - should inspire its own boutique set?

So, my question today is if you could pick any episode (or two-part episode) to inspire a boutique expansion, which one would you pick? And why would you pick that episode?

Any reasons are valid, but please share them with us when pitching your idea.

Feel free to pitch some high concepts along with your post, but remember that you aren't pitching cards, mechanics, or card lists either - this is a concept pitch, where you explain at a very high level what the set would be about.

I look forward to reading your pitches and see what episodes you want to see as inspiration for future boutique sets.
Drive!

Why?
Podracing in 1E!
You know you want it!
Because of... what!?
:x :( :? :shifty: :) :P :D :lol:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
SudenKapala wrote:Because of... what!?
The episode shows multiple racers along with some mains thrown in for good measure. There are also multiple races, from the 'test run' to the 'Race for your Life!' so there is room for all sorts of challenges. There are even some obstacles thrown in the mix for good measure.

Design can absolutely make something that you can maximize but not entirely be overpowered while also not entirely shutting out a player that isn't planning for it.

Plus,
podracing in 1E
!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I know the episode quite well... and I know a bit of
SWCCG (although I don't understand why you hide the po-- pod-- pddrrci-- Nope. It's such a horrid idea I can't even write it down :lol: Wasn't it an awful part of SWCCG, too? Well, actually, the longer I think on it... for 1e it might be a bit, or a lot, better than for SWCCG... :shifty: )
At first I was just hugely shocked by the idea. But I might warm up to it. :wink: But why the hidden things?
Chief Ambassador
By robin1234 (Robin Honeycutt )
 - Chief Ambassador
 -  
Contender
1E Romulus Regional Champion 2024
enabrantain wrote:Yesterday's Enterprise (TNG) It's time for the rest of the 'Alternates', more crew for the USS Enterprise-C (maybe even a new version of that), even a possibility for the enlarged K'Vort Battlecruiser for TNG the Klingons.

Siege of Ar558 (DS9) Just an amazing episode that's barely been touched

Year of Hell (Voy) Krenim are long overdue. Most of the battered AU voyager crew could be dual personnel. Seven and Tuvok, Harry and Bellona, Neelix and the Doctor (just have to put The Doctor's holo-icon in his skill list so in only applies to him.), Tom and Chakotay, Janeway gets her own card.

Klingon Civil War story arch (TNG)

Best of Both Worlds story arch (TNG/DS9) The TNG logo cards to assimilate a counterpart, new drones, maybe chuck in a TNG Borg scout ship for the Hugh story arch. New equipment cards for the Borg like arm attachments, eye pieces, incubation chamber. USS Saratoga and her crew plus some of the ships from that battle sequence, improved Shelby, Data and Locutus dual personnel card or at least a non-aligned Locutus, Captain Riker. Introduce the ability to recover an assimilated character.

The Killing Game (Voy) lots of [Hir] versions of the Voyager crew, all kinds of new holo-characters, [Hir] Voyager, Klingon Neelix...

ST Enerprise: Xindii Affiliation (I was thinking a yellow-green boarder, or even mint green)

Great idea’s read my mind
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]