This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The beauity of 1e is to me that all player can come up with very interesting different combinations of old and new cards creating creative decks.

[Sch] Infinate Diversity in infinate combinations. I appreciate it for 1e and the player doing it and the decks that come out of it.

Do you love that too?

If someone handles to create a creative and powerfull deck and anotherone is annoyed because he loses i say: learn the game, appreciate the game, the creative player and the creative decks that come out of it.

Does creative decks should encourage in other player to become even more creative?
Last edited by Mr.Sloan on Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i remeber you playing Cetea Eal for a long time (years i think), which was very creative and challenging to me in the friendly matches. you where one of the best player in the game for a reason back in the day. Another player then manged to play well with that too.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks, Luthy! That means a lot to me. Yes, that was my best design ever, I am a one-hit wonder :) .I am now under average. Glad to see you back! The World or America does not yet recognize it, but you are one of the best. Continue kicking their asses online :) .

It was very frustrating to see Ceti Eel banned shortly before Worlds. Thanks Niall and Jonathan :) . I was, as usual, not on the radar. But when Jonathan wins with Khan it has to be banned... :)

Maybe Emergency bans and erratas should not be made shortly before a big tournament. With Regina, whom I broke befor Worlds 2013, it was the same. On the other handside I understand that lock-out has to be prevented. It is very hard to find the balance here...
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:You haven't posted your deck list from the regional.
Which is a good reminder: deck lists are required for the Regional. Only LuthySloan and Latok have yet to post theirs.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
use your own thread for it, or ask Armus. I will not answer to that here. @Mod please delete unrelated stuff off this thread.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Do you feel this organization or this community does not support creative play and deck building? I don't get that impression, but I'm just one person.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LuthySloan wrote:use your own thread for it, or ask Armus. I will not answer to that here. @Mod please delete unrelated stuff off this thread.
I was less than thrilled by your response, TBH.

If you're going to play a deck you don't want people to see publicly, you probably shouldn't play it in an event where deck lists are required.

I mean, since you turned down prize support I don't really have any leverage to force you to post it, and I'd hope at the least you'd post it after the other Regional you are thinking about playing it in, but if you're going to drag me into this I'm going to give you an honest assessment of where I stand on this issue.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Do you feel this organization or this community does not support creative play and deck building?

-crp
I did never said or meant that, especially not in that absolutgy. Truth and opinions are usually in the middle anyway IMO.
Last edited by Mr.Sloan on Thu May 14, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
LuthySloan wrote:use your own thread for it, or ask Armus. I will not answer to that here. @Mod please delete unrelated stuff off this thread.

If you're going to play a deck you don't want people to see publicly, you probably shouldn't play it in an event where deck lists are required.

I mean, since you turned down prize support I don't really have any leverage to force you to post it, and I'd hope at the least you'd post it after the other Regional you are thinking about playing it in, but if you're going to drag me into this I'm going to give you an honest assessment of where I stand on this issue.
@Mod please delete unrelated stuff.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:
It was very frustrating to see Ceti Eel banned shortly before Worlds.
I can understand that. If cards are out there for years and someone handles to create a great deck with it, it should be appreaciated by either allowing it for the immediate tournaments or make bans not immediatly, but give at least the time of day for the player to create a new good deck, which takes 4 weeks at least for high level tournaments, IMO.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote:

Actually, another recourse is to declare the deck illegal (which it is if the required deck list isn't submitted), at which point the player is disqualified from the tournament. (I am less clear on what happens to the results of those games, though.)

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If you are so weak that you need to continue missuse this thread feel free to do so. The same applys for the tournaments, if you feel an urge to do so.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
LuthySloan wrote:If you are so weak that you need to continue missuse this thread feel free to do so. The same applys for the tournaments, if you feel an urge to do so.
This is where the discussion is. I'm sure at some point a mod can move it, and it'll be easier to do if the discussion is in the same place.

But the point still stands. A deck list is required for the Regional tournament. Are you refusing to provide it?

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.