This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
But the point still stands. A deck list is required for the Regional tournament. Are you refusing to provide it?
I already offered Armus to sent the file. He did not respond to that in PN. If thats not enought feel free to use your power to act out your bad mood. i will not respond to this thread anymore. bye.
Last edited by Mr.Sloan on Thu May 14, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LuthySloan wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
But the point still stands. A deck list is required for the Regional tournament. Are you refusing to provide it?
I already offered Armus to sent the file. He did not respond to that in PN. If thats not enought feel free to use your power to act out your bad mood. i will not respond to this thread anymore. bye.
You did?

I just went back and checked my PMs. This is the last message I had from you on this topic:
LuthySloan wrote:my deck contains 1k cards in draw deck. so to much work to enter it ;)
besides i want to use the current version in the borg regional, most likely ;)
Was there a different message where you offered to send me the decklist?

It's not my desire to turn this into a thing, and if we're being fair, a lot of other people need to be DQd from a lot of events higher than Regionals in recent years.

If you want to send me your deck list I'll enter it into the deck builder and post it.

My preferred resolution is everybody posts their deck as agreed to when they signed up for a tournament requiring decklists. I would hope that position is not considered unreasonable.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i´ll check if i offered it. I do mistakes sometimes. Yet you didn´t sent me anything back after my last PN so i didn´t saw any need. Again you could and can use PN, instead of posting stuff in other threads.

But yeah you can have the lackey file in .dek or .txt.

I like to remind that while decklists where required in the past meant that TDs check it, not that its made public. I would consider it reasonable if TDs are allowed to get the deck, for verification but not require people to make decks public as it allows deck scouting.

Pro Deck list. Anti Publishing. :twocents:

Will sent you the files withhin a week, not sure if Pn allows files to be sent.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thx. basicly it works. Yet tacitics are in storage compartment side deck etc.
was also sometimes wrong in lackey after update...

Is there a way to edit stuff after adding it?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
LuthySloan wrote:thx. basicly it works. Yet tacitics are in storage compartment side deck etc.
was also sometimes wrong in lackey after update...

Is there a way to edit stuff after adding it?
Might be easier to add a card to your empty piles in Lackey, then try exporting again. See the end of this article.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LuthySloan wrote:i´ll check if i offered it. I do mistakes sometimes. Yet you didn´t sent me anything back after my last PN so i didn´t saw any need. Again you could and can use PN, instead of posting stuff in other threads.

But yeah you can have the lackey file in .dek or .txt.

I like to remind that while decklists where required in the past meant that TDs check it, not that its made public. I would consider it reasonable if TDs are allowed to get the deck, for verification but not require people to make decks public as it allows deck scouting.

This is a fair point.

I just went back and reviewed the OPG and there's nothing in there that requires deck lists to be made public, only to be provided to the TD before an event.

Tell you what: if you send me the decklist (or import the Lackey file and send me the view link) we'll call it square and I won't make your deck public.

To the larger point: I know it's become tradition in the CC era to post the decks played in an event - i know this because i have decks going back to 2008 that were entered into the system from my hard copy deck list by somebody else - but it's never been codified as a requirement.

If you want to make PUBLIC decks mandatory, then the OPG should be updated to reflect that requirement so players know what they're signing up for.

:twocents:

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
LuthySloan wrote: but not require people to make decks public as it allows deck scouting.

This is a fair point.

I just went back and reviewed the OPG and there's nothing in there that requires deck lists to be made public, only to be provided to the TD before an event.
Yeah. I in fact asked you about the decklist before the event (unless i was mistaken here) and you sent after is okay then i got no PN back after i answered to your pn. anyway i uploaded my deck you get a private link, momentarily.

And yeah i consider it fair to give the TD the decklist but not required to publish it. or at least not during the tournament season where someone might want to play his regional deck in continentals/words or other events. Maybe make it public after words etc, but not after qualifier tournaments.

Personaly i like the OPG as it is. Decklist required for sending to TD, but no publishing requirements or publishing only after words etc.

@Mod. Could you rename this thread to be "Decklist & Publishing" or something? that would suit the topic better then my initial labeling.

Edit:
@Armus: private Decklink sent to you in PN

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LuthySloan wrote:
Armus wrote:
LuthySloan wrote: but not require people to make decks public as it allows deck scouting.

This is a fair point.

Yeah. I in fact asked you about the decklist before the event (unless i was mistaken here) and you sent after is okay then i got no PN back after i answered to your pn. anyway i uploaded my deck you get a private link, momentarily.

And yeah i consider it fair to give the TD the decklist but not required to publish it. or at least not during the tournament season where someone might want to play his regional deck in continentals/words or other events. Maybe make it public after words etc, but not after qualifier tournaments.

Personaly i like the OPG as it is. Decklist required for sending to TD, but no publishing requirements or publishing only after words etc.

@Mod. Could you rename this thread to be "Decklist & Publishing" or something? that would suit the topic better then my initial labeling.
I'm glad we could bring this to an amicable resolution! :thumbsup:

The larger OPG/ public deck discussion is above my pay grade - I'll defer to Kris &co. to determine if any change is needed.

Also, as a side note, since you created this thread, you can edit the subject line. No need to involve the mods in this case! :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think this is a fair compromise. TD may review it and the CC gets their data. I see no problem in that.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
LuthySloan wrote:@Mod. Could you rename this thread to be "Decklist & Publishing" or something? that would suit the topic better then my initial labeling.
Done. I am also glad this was resolved amicably.
Armus wrote:Also, as a side note, since you created this thread, you can edit the subject line. No need to involve the mods in this case!
Oh yeah? OH YEAH?! Well I HELPED HIM ANYWAY!!!! So there. :P
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
I agree, and I think that's the right call, Armus.

If nobody minds further discussion of the topic here, I'd like to continue it. Deck lists serve a greater purpose than just verifying tournament legality. They provide extremely valuable data for Design, Errata, Rules, and Organized Play on the state of the games. They provide information to other players about deck construction. They provide inspiration to other players for deck innovation.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, though, there's a sacrifice to be made with publicizing deck lists. Your deck tech isn't a secret for that next tournament you'd play in.

As a community, what do we want from required deck lists?
  1. Only the Tournament Director (TD) can see it.
  2. The TD and Staff can see it.
  3. Everybody can see it.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
I'm glad we could bring this to an amicable resolution! :thumbsup:
Me too. I usually favor solutions where both sides are heared no matter who has temporaily "more followers" or who has more "power". Its difficualt to stay at i am ok, you are ok but benificial in the long run :)

I do not always handle it, but i am (mostly) trying :)

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
As a community, what do we want from required deck lists?
  1. Only the Tournament Director (TD) can see it.
  2. The TD and Staff can see it.
  3. Everybody can see it.
My vote:
1. for all tournaments, until:
2+3. AFTER words is over. Then its time for bans and a new year :)

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]