This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
That is correct. Basically, it has to say "plays on table"
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes; this was an important limitation that prevented Almanac from (e.g.) allowing you to spam Kivas Fajo on yourself for infinite draw. The original version had no such limitation, and Ken Tufts wrote something that was very compelling at the time about the many ways he could break it.

In retrospect, this card still draws too much too easily. But hindsight is always perfect.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, at least you should have to stop the Time Agent. I'm not sure how much impact that has in a lot of cases but at least you couldn't get card draw off them and use them to solve the game winning mission in the same turn.

By sekce31
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Additional question concerning Temporal Alamanac. (I did not want to spam the forum with the new thread for the same card, I hope it is OK. If I should create new thread, let me know, please).

We had a discussion yesterday if I can play temporal alamanc on myself during oponent's turn. The argument against was that it says "each turn" and at least in the old days each turn meant "each of mine turn, if I am the owner of the card and play it on myself". There is something similar in the glossary.
"Each turn" means each turn of the subject of the game text (skipping the other player). The subject player is usually indicated by a word such as "you," "opponent" or "owner."
But to be honest, I am not any wiser. I am subject of the game text, but it is opponent's turn, so can I play it or can't. Please help me to clarify this. Thank you.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
You are playing it on yourself, so you are the subject of the card. The Each therefore means you can only play it on your own turn.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Correct. Each turn is yours, every is both. Since it says "Once each turn,..." you can't play it on your opponent's turn. Since it is a interrupt though, you can play it during your play phase, before executing orders, to draw 2 cards that may impact your card play and/or reports.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:21 pm Yes; this was an important limitation that prevented Almanac from (e.g.) allowing you to spam Kivas Fajo on yourself for infinite draw. The original version had no such limitation, and Ken Tufts wrote something that was very compelling at the time about the many ways he could break it.

In retrospect, this card still draws too much too easily. But hindsight is always perfect.
Interesting. I always thought cards like Temporal or KF's were fairly inefficient draw engines, given that you can draw another copy of them.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]