This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I played against my wife, she was playing Romulans, I was playing Federation. I built both decks as my wife is just learning the game.

I was able to manipulate the deck pretty well with Data, Keep Dealing and draw some cards off of Holoprogram: Cafe des Artistes, although I wasn't built to really utilize the Holoprogram, I probably need to add Sergey and Helena or other couples that are easier to get out.

The Romulans needed more draw power, though they were much more consistent with drawing from Continuing Mission. Still my wife was able to get out a decent crew and attempt one mission, ending up one Science short for Scientific Method after Unscientific Method fired, killing Ambassador Spock.

I managed to solve one mission (Repair Mission) before we "went to time"(it was 2AM so we called it). The Arsenal: Divided + War Games, did slow me down there. We decided on a last turn, and I made it through 3 dilemmas at Evaluate Terraforming but then Diplomatic Intervention downloaded Sarek and Deanna Troi(the one that is an ambassador) from my wife's Q tent and I only had 4 Diplomacy so I couldn't solve the second mission.

Final Score was 35 to 5(War Games Points)

Picture:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17NUD7j ... sp=sharing
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Sounds like it was fun! Did you both have fun?

Was there anything you didn't have access to (i.e. no TNG-property logo version) you really wanted?

Was there anything that felt unfair?

Do you think you'll play again?

-crp

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Sounds like it was fun! Did you both have fun?

Was there anything you didn't have access to (i.e. no TNG-property logo version) you really wanted?

Was there anything that felt unfair?

Do you think you'll play again?

-crp
Both had fun, my wife said she's interested to play again.

During play I didn't feel like anything major was missing. During deck construction I ran into some dead ends such as Romulans not having a Going to the Top target outside of Cyrus Redblock. I just added Duck Blind to the Romulan Deck but I am wondering if 2 Anthropology will make it to the board very quickly.

Federation has a huge array of personnel to choose from which might be the most unfair thing about this format. I didn't have a hard time putting the Romulan deck together and having a decent coverage of most skills, though.

Overall it was a positive experience.
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keyword they[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]