This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm new to STCCG so I was still surprised at some of the characters I felt were missing from the 1E sets. So a few I wish had been added:

Tal Celes (We got Harren and Telfer, where is Celes?!)
Inspector Kashyk
Iko
Yediq
Kubus Oak
Quarren
Forra Gegen
Mitena Haro
Esoqq
Magnus and Erin Hansen
Noss
Harry Mudd
Charlie Evans
Gary Mitchell
Elizabeth Dehner
The Horta (as a character, not a Dilemma)
Rurigan

There are many more, but those were the ones that just popped into my head. I also would have loved more Interrupt and Dilemma cards based on specific episode concepts, like the Telepathic Pitcher Plant or the Nyrian teleportation replacement, or Obective/Mission cards for things like Jake's quest for the baseball card, or Quark's trip to the wormhole to figure out what was wrong with the Nagus

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
WeyounOfBorg wrote:
Armus wrote:Harcourt Fenton Mudd isn't good enough for ya? :wink:

Don't count on Charlie X. The actor retained rights to his likeness so it wasn't included in the Decipher license.
It's great! But I want real, physical, licensed cards that I can put in my protective binder with the rest of them! :D
Well, if you want "real, physical, licensed cards" I have some very bad news for you. Those haven't been a 1e thing since 2003.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
WeyounOfBorg wrote:

Don't count on Charlie X. The actor retained rights to his likeness so it wasn't included in the Decipher license.
It's great! But I want real, physical, licensed cards that I can put in my protective binder with the rest of them! :D
Well, if you want "real, physical, licensed cards" I have some very bad news for you. Those haven't been a 1e thing since 2003.
I know, that's why I'm so sad I'll never get to add any of the ones I listed to my binder! :(
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
No idea how we can bring it to life, but "Holoprogram: Vic's" is something I really miss.

And one of my favourite episodes: TNG "Cause and Effect"

[Int]

Plays on your staffed ship with three or more staffing icons and your android aboard just after they are stopped by a dilemma. Discard all ships and personnel here to remove that dilemma from game.

Might be broken, but fits the episode's theme :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote:
Smiley wrote:Fleet captains.

A new card type that's like a combo of Magic's Vanguard and Commander ideas. To make deck construction simpler but at the same time shake things up a little. It could also add the benefit of making some affiliations get access to mechanics they should not have by allowing it through the Fleet Captain card.
I don't play Magic... could you give a sample of what a Star Trek 1E version of this would look like?

Sure. Vanguard cards are actually super simple seeded card that you began with in play.
Here are a few of them.
Gerrard
During your draw phase, draw an additional card.
Starting & Max Hand Size: -4
Starting Life:+0
Eladamri
You may redirect to yourself any amount of damage dealt to creatures you control.
Starting & Max Hand Size: -1
Starting Life: +15
And Commander is a rules set where you are allowed to start the game with a legendary creaturein play and all cards in your deck must be in the color identity of the commander.

So with this in mind we could have an Emissary [Baj] [Fed] that let you play both of the affiliations together and maybe letting you discard a card to return a card from the discard pile. But only have 6 card in hand.
This is just an example.

By Ospero
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  

He seems to be depicted on Thasian Powers, so that apparently isn't a barrier anymore, at least not to the same extent? Also, I seem to recall that Cyrano Jones had a similar issue, and he's got a personnel card in 2E.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
When putting together a [1E-Rom] deck (enjoying that icon!), I try to find ways to get some Romulan flavor in there--green borders and green mission icons aside--but it feels like I have to go out of my way for it. True to form they have some involved objectives such as pulling off Romulan Ambush or Patrol Neutral Zone or goodness knows what people are planning with Nelvana Trap. But looking at, say, the Federation soaking in the dilemma-busting vibes, or the Klingons with their host of Honor- and battle-themed Interrupts to show off who they are, I wish there were something a little closer to home for the Romulans as well. Accessible enough even not to be out of place in a Romulan Introductory Two-Player Game deck.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.