What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:45 pm

What was your most recent noob moment in this game? 
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Risa
Post What was your most recent noob moment in this game?
Even if it's been years if not decades since you've been an actual noob, we're all still capable of noob moments. So what's your most recent ones (or some really funny ones).

I still clearly recall the time I seeded Archer at a space mission. As soon as my friend pointed out it was a mis-seed, I got a mental image of the poor guy helplessly floating in space uselessly trying to fire arrows at the Enterprise.

1E Inventory Spreadsheet

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 pm
Beta Quadrant

Region: Borg Region
Post Re: What was your most recent noob moment in this game?
Last tournament I seeded a complete planet combo at a space Mission. It was the first time in my life and I cannot understand how that could happen... Maybe it was a Borg-telepathy-Trick from my opponent... Or a big planet was pictured on the space Mission... whatever.

The whole match was frustrating. While my opponent was attempting he just says: adapt, adapt, adapt, missseed, missseed, missseed, adapt, adapt, adapt - game over...

yay...

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:46 am
First Edition Creative Manager
First Edition Creative Manager

Region: Omarion Nebula
Enabran wrote:
Last tournament I seeded a complete planet combo at a space Mission. It was the first time in my life and I cannot understand how that could happen... Maybe it was a Borg-telepathy-Trick from my opponent... Or a big planet was pictured on the space Mission... whatever.

The whole match was frustrating. While my opponent was attempting he just says: adapt, adapt, adapt, missseed, missseed, missseed, adapt, adapt, adapt - game over...

yay...

There was an errata a few years back of Reported Activity that did accidentally state it was space not planet.

My own newb incident was in the NZ Release Event when I seeded Temporal Benefactor with Lt Uhura to try and make Barbara gain her skills - not realising that it only worked for Uniques. Played the rest of the event with just the 29 seeds. D’oh!

Boffo97 wrote:
Hey, Paddy is European and is awesome.
Give him all the nerd jobs.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:38 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Delta Quadrant

Region: Vandros IV
I have some 2e memories though... Removing 13 for Back to Basics... Attempting with five despite having seeded Alpha 5 Approach myself and and and :) .

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 am
Director of Operations
Director of Operations

Region: Deep Space 9
I recently tried to STP a ship back to hand as a dilemma was about to do Bad Things™. That's not what "at any time" means, n00b.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:39 am
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Region: Deep Space 9
My entire last game against Niall was full of n00b mistakes.

Tried to play a 2nd T'Ong, forgetting it was unique

STPed back the 1st one to do that, then couldn't play any [1E-AU] personnel.

That game was quite the cluster on my part. Niall was very kind.

Other Hobby

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 am
Beta Quadrant

Region: Romulus
I used Taking Charge to dl Post Garrison at an opponent's mission in a game last week. Didn't even realize I couldn't do that until someone pointed it out after the game!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 am
Delta Quadrant

Region: Qo'noS
after cleaning my cards up from a game, i left my defend homeworld in the draw deck. didn't discover this until i tried to DL a security and........ where is it????????? While doing so i discovered one of my hidden agendas was actually my Assign Support Personnel. Technically that should have lost me the game but i'll admit i just surreptitiously flipped it over while my opponent was taking their turn lol but i was out of luck on the Defend homeworld.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:52 pm
The Center of the Galaxy

Takket wrote:
after cleaning my cards up from a game, i left my defend homeworld in the draw deck. didn't discover this until i tried to DL a security and........ where is it????????? While doing so i discovered one of my hidden agendas was actually my Assign Support Personnel. Technically that should have lost me the game but i'll admit i just surreptitiously flipped it over while my opponent was taking their turn lol but i was out of luck on the Defend homeworld.

So what you're saying is.... YOU'RE A DIRTY CHEATER! That about right? :wink:

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Qo'noS
Armus wrote:
Takket wrote:

hey... i shower every day!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:30 pm
The Center of the Galaxy

Takket wrote:
Armus wrote:
Takket wrote:

hey... i shower every day!

Fair enough.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:32 pm
First Edition Rules Master
First Edition Rules Master

Region: Andoria
Every single time I play The Final Frontier -- which is a lot, honestly -- I forget that Ensign O'Brien, Lt. Dax, TwT Odo, and the rest of the DS9 TOS Crew don't have [1E-AU] and can't report for free.

I don't know how or why I keep forgetting this. I don't mind telling you that I'm the guy who argued that this restriction should go on the card! It's important for story! It's healthy for balance! But I play it wrong every. single. time. And then my opponent calls me out on it. And then I apologize for being an idiot again.

So if you happen to play me in a game where I'm running The Final Frontier, please do watch out for this and call me out on it. It's my job, not your job, but I'm terrible at it and you deserve a fair game.

"We pledge our loyalty to the Glossary from now until death."
"Then receive this reward from the Glossary. May it keep you strong."
~Iron Prime

Rulesmaster of Brainerd

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:59 am
Beta Quadrant

Posted about this before, but I was playtesting against myself and sent my Jem'Hadar over to a Klingon ship to do battle. Next turn, I (now as the Klingon player) took one look at the situation and cloaked the ship, stranding the strike team aboard. Previous me didn't see that coming.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Borg Region
Jean-Pierre who downloaded a card into his hand and then shuffled his ~120 cards deck. Then he was desperately looking for his hand ... he incidentially shuffled it in his deck. LOL

Of course you do. After all the echo only repeats everything you´re saying :wink: :wink: :wink:

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Risa
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
Jean-Pierre who downloaded a card into his hand and then shuffled his ~120 cards deck. Then he was desperately looking for his hand ... he incidentially shuffled it in his deck. LOL

What do you do in a case like that?

I'd imagine forfeit since you can't prove which cards were in your hand.

1E Inventory Spreadsheet

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:03 pm