This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
jadziadax8 wrote:Ok, so I’m not the only one here who finds a well-constructed spreadsheet to be kinda sexy. :lol:
I'll show you my pivot table if you show me yours.

-crp

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd like to see them, but not a colored affiliation. I think AllenGould hit the nail on the head. Just taking a look at development cycles - what kind of effect would yet another affiliation have on the ability to develop and expand upon the already existing ones? They are too important to the franchise overall to be completely ignored, but this isn't the Decipher era, when there were multiple sets per year every year to flesh things out.

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
I would like to see Xindi as an affiliation.

Charlie said that if it happens, they won't actually hit the tables for a few years, so I think that there's opportunity there to give some love to neglected affiliations first. (That seems to be one of the main arguments against, but it also seems to be reasonably easy to fix.)

I agree with our Rules Overlord's statements "They have the potential to play and feel totally different from all other affiliations" and "we would have essentially one and only one chance to get them right."

I am not opposed to some cheating, using the same on-screen characters (particularly Aquatics and Insectoids) to make those factions artificially larger. (Though we'd still have to be careful not to deplete that resource too quickly.)

With the essentially one chance to get it right, I think it would be appropriate to have a much longer development cycle for the Xindi. If there isn't one already, I hope you make a thread for the designers to spitball ideas for the Xindi, and further down the road choose some of the best/most fun ideas to develop.

I understand Hoss-Drone's desire to be part of the process. I've been kicking ideas around in my head for a long time about ways the Xindi could be implemented, and would LOVE to be in on the discussions, if there's any way of doing so.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
soggy_amphibian wrote:I would like to see Xindi as an affiliation.

Charlie said that if it happens, they won't actually hit the tables for a few years, so I think that there's opportunity there to give some love to neglected affiliations first. (That seems to be one of the main arguments against, but it also seems to be reasonably easy to fix.)
I understand that they would potentially be a couple of years down the line, and that other affiliations could be touched before them. My concern has more to do with how it would also affect future cycles. If you insert a Xindi affiliation into the rotation it then pushes literally every other affiliation back a cycle - and with how long we currently have between cycles it would just make it feel just that much longer.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Cartagia wrote:
soggy_amphibian wrote:I would like to see Xindi as an affiliation.

I understand that they would potentially be a couple of years down the line, and that other affiliations could be touched before them. My concern has more to do with how it would also affect future cycles. If you insert a Xindi affiliation into the rotation it then pushes literally every other affiliation back a cycle - and with how long we currently have between cycles it would just make it feel just that much longer.
I will say that, in general, we're moving away from "era blocks" once we finish up the upcoming movie duology. You'll be seeing a lot more mixed sets and different themes interjected, both into primary expansions and with boutiques. The past few years won't be representative of how the next few years will look.

-crp

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
I will say that, in general, we're moving away from "era blocks" once we finish up the upcoming movie duology. You'll be seeing a lot more mixed sets and different themes interjected, both into primary expansions and with boutiques. The past few years won't be representative of how the next few years will look.

-crp
Yay!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Late to the party here.
I'm not really excited at the thought of Xindi as an affiliation - most of the reasons have been covered in this thread. I wouldn't mind a set of dilemmas though. Especially if those dilemmas could build on each other - maybe like the Empress/Jedi tests.

But a lot of people do want them - so I won't scream, whine, or rage quit if/when they do show up though.

:twocents:

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For real now: Sure. I have no attachment to Enterprise but I'd rather have designers spend their time adding Trek content to the game than designing just to get cards out of the binder.

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]