This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
In my opinion Enterprise-C doesn't need a new card, it needs more context to feed its theme/story.

My pick for an overhaul would be the inconspicuous I.K.C. Ki'tang with its text box being more in line with its lore (maybe even stretching it all Breen tactics, it's time they meet their nemesis :) ).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
As far as I know, we've never seen Thadiun Okona; would love to see him show up with his ship the Erstwhile (just because I love that word and it makes for a strange yet cool shipname :D)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:The Defiant.

How we don't have a Defiant that interacts with tactics or the BBD is an embarrassment.
It interacts with Tactics the same way every other ship does. I don't recall the Defiant being particularly fancy-pants in terms of flying. It was a flying brick with a borrowed cloaking device.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:The Defiant.

How we don't have a Defiant that interacts with tactics or the BBD is an embarrassment.
It interacts with Tactics the same way every other ship does. I don't recall the Defiant being particularly fancy-pants in terms of flying. It was a flying brick with a borrowed cloaking device.

My point was more of the "the delta flyer can dl evasive maneuver but we don't have a Defiant that can [DL] quantum torpedoes? I call bs".
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:
My point was more of the "the delta flyer can dl evasive maneuver but we don't have a Defiant that can [DL] quantum torpedoes? I call bs".
But by that logic, shouldn't every ship be able to download a tactic? The Defiant doesn't really need more reasons to be better than the others ships.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:
But by that logic, shouldn't every ship be able to download a tactic? The Defiant doesn't really need more reasons to be better than the others ships.
I don't know, I can see that logic. The Defiant was specifically made to be a warship, it would make sense for it to have some kind of tactical benefit, be it downloading a tactic or some other, similar design space...

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
VioletBlaze wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:
I don't know, I can see that logic. The Defiant was specifically made to be a warship, it would make sense for it to have some kind of tactical benefit, be it downloading a tactic or some other, similar design space...
It used to be a pretty strong ship when it came out. Not compared to the Borg, but solid compared to anything else, also Cloaking Device was really good for Feds, though honestly it should have been restricted to the Gamma Quadrant if we are trying to follow lore.

I wouldn't mind another Defiant that downloads a Tactic because I'm a DS9 fan but I don't think most people are really looking for this. If anything, I'd like a Ds9 Ferengi ship, maybe another Quark's Treasure that downloads something nifty.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
A bunch of ships need new cards.

Vor'cha & K'vort with [1E-DS9] .
Same goes for:
a [1E-TNG][Maq] Raider
a [1E-TNG] ❖ Galor

Second the previous comments about Enterprises B/C. I still use the former, but the latter seems like it could benefit from a new version.

A Vetar that doesn't break Continuing Mission or RtQ.
A DS9 Enterprise from Emissary would be cool
The Galaxy itself has some great images from late in DS9
Hood shows up a few times she could use a new version (DS9? There's a nice shot or two of her at Chin'toka)

I'd also like to see something that brings over the ❖[Fed] ships with the TNG logo to add a [1E-DS9] to them for RtQ, since they're all still around during the DS9 era and seems silly that they'd break the [RC] to put an Excelsior or a Nebula out or something.

For unique ships... I can definitely think of a few that don't have cards.

I guess I'd most like to see, the horror, a few more [Fed] ships, surprised we've not had another Nebula-class since premiere;
T'Kumbra - I think Take me out to the holosuite was mentioned as a boutique product, so why not? Maybe a [1E-DS9] Vulcan reporting mechanism could be cool.
Monitor - I don't think we see it on screen, but it comes up in multiple episodes on patrol or near the neutral zone, so surely some special neutral zone gametext (X is -1 on opponent's PNZ? Or maybe instead; may be targeted by The Neutral Zone as if non- [Fed]) would be cool to coincide with the other recent neutral-zone related stuff.

Excelsiors are so numerous throughout all the 2360/2370s shows that I'd like to see a few more of those; Lakota and Malinche (already have the captain, and maybe a [DL] of Holographic Communicator would get that some play) would be atop that list. Beyond that, a Cairo for Jellico, there're nice shots in the Dominion war arc.

And who wouldn't mind seeing some more Galaxy-class ships?
Geordi & Challenger from Timeless seem like no-brainers

During the lockdown, I'd amused myself by doing (thanks to the DC crew's helpful photoshop templates) roughly 120 new ship cards from info at memory alpha; though admittedly about 2/3 of them are Feds just because they come into interaction with the various main crews the most, but still, there's plenty of untapped material -- whether or not there's sufficient use for X random unique with a situational ability or not is another matter.
Last edited by princedetenebres on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] Enterprise-E

The first Contact version is low resolution. The Chain of Command Version looks like from a computer game.

Would love a version as high in quality as the 20th century borg version.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So here are my thoughts about a new Enterprise-C:
Why doesn't the original report with crew? If it did, I could see it being super useful to play as an emergency backup when you need it in the middle of the spaceline, even with the drawback. (Though you could accomplish the same thing with STP with your choice of ships, say Future Enterprise for example.) A new version should definitely at least allow [1E-AU] to report to it or something, if RWC turns out to be too powerful. (Maybe restricted to Enterprise-C related?) Just my 2 [Rule].
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]