This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Interested?

Yes
71%
No
29%

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:I want single-elimination, like the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament.
im gonna need a ruling if negative points vs 0 is a TT or a win. also how is a TT resolved in single elim?
Presumably the bracket would be seeded vice random, in which case the tie would go to the higher seed per the OPG?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:I want single-elimination, like the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament.
im gonna need a ruling if negative points vs 0 is a TT or a win. also how is a TT resolved in single elim?
Darn, thought I had 'til the end of the month on this.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
pfti wrote:
Darn, thought I had 'til the end of the month on this.
I hope this doesn't mean the rule is changing so that a score of -5 vs 0 becomes a win for the player with 0 points even if no one has non-bonus points. I like that you have to solve a mission or complete a Borg objective to win.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
geraldkw wrote: I hope this doesn't mean the rule is changing so that a score of -5 vs 0 becomes a win for the player with 0 points even if no one has non-bonus points. I like that you have to solve a mission or complete a Borg objective to win.
That is fine (that is what the opg says) the rule book says something different. So I want clarification. Also if it is a tie, how does that work in bracket format?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
pfti wrote:That is fine (that is what the opg says) the rule book says something different. So I want clarification. Also if it is a tie, how does that work in bracket format?
In year's past, the higher seed advanced in the case of ties.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
But how do seeds happen in this cup then?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
pfti wrote:But how do seeds happen in this cup then?
How about YTD rating?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
pfti wrote:But how do seeds happen in this cup then?
How about YTD rating?
I mean I obviously wouldn't object, but it is an invitation to bring my deepest jank
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
OK! The tournament is posted!

The first 1E Cup!

Once you lose you're knocked out!

For each Full Win you get (not Mod wins), you will win a randomly selected TrekCC Foil! We want people playing for Full Wins here, not Mod Wins. As Gul Dukat said "A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness!"

In addition, Kris has promised additional prize support as part of the Subspace Series!

We're aiming for 16 players randomly allocated into a bracket (no seeding). Will reduce that to 8 if not enough people sign up. I'll be TD and only play to make up numbers (if we need a 16th player say).

There won't be any True Ties - if a game is a True Tie you get to add on one extra turn each to get a decisive winner!

Event starts Monday 14th September - 1 week between rounds. Usual online rules apply!

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]