This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We got attack ships (bugs) Warships and Battleship

(+karema)

But i think there a multiple types of Warships actually.

https://scontent-ber1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F8BCF96

See the biggest ship in the middle and then the warship bellow it. and the warship on the right top above it.

Both seen in cannon ds9? Would love to hear an opinion if those two are 2 cannon ship types and only one is part of the card game ATM.

Maybe the 2nd one can be greatet card wise.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think they confirmed 2 capitol ships in the show. The "normal" ones and the "big" one that Red Squad goes after?

And then there's STO....

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah there are multiple on-screen/canon Warship variants. thats what i am pointng at. but STCCG uses only 2.

+Battleship(red squad)

+non-canon STonline/Armada/other Video game dom ships.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:43 pm Ex Astris Scientia has a good article about the dominion warship variations.
Mind, that looks like there's two types, and then variations in production. I wouldn't count the physical vs. CGI as two variants of U-type, for instance.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:05 pm
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:43 pm Ex Astris Scientia has a good article about the dominion warship variations.
Mind, that looks like there's two types, and then variations in production. I wouldn't count the physical vs. CGI as two variants of U-type, for instance.
I mean, it wouldn't necessarily be canon if we distinguished between the physical vs. CGI variants of U-type, but it wouldn't exactly be against canon . They don't really do a lot of talking in the show about the various Dominion ship classes. For instance, our games and Ex Astris use different nomenclature for the ship types (Warship/Battleship for us, Battlecruiser/Battleship for them). Since there is a (minor) difference in appearance, if we had a compelling gameplay reason for, say, a Dominion Warship Advanced, it wouldn't really be going against anything they said on screen to use the CGI or the physical version to do it.
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:29 pm I mean, it wouldn't necessarily be canon if we distinguished between the physical vs. CGI variants of U-type, but it wouldn't exactly be against canon . They don't really do a lot of talking in the show about the various Dominion ship classes. For instance, our games and Ex Astris use different nomenclature for the ship types (Warship/Battleship for us, Battlecruiser/Battleship for them). Since there is a (minor) difference in appearance, if we had a compelling gameplay reason for, say, a Dominion Warship Advanced, it wouldn't really be going against anything they said on screen to use the CGI or the physical version to do it.
I'm thinking it's in the same bucket as Klingon foreheads - yes, there's two obvious variants of the U-wing, but it's also pretty obvious that the second one is just a nicer/revised model. (Or say, the fact that by 3rd season there are three versions of the Enterprise-D model - in 2, 4, and 6 foot sizes, but we'd never say that Picard & co are transferring ships every couple episodes.)
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 pm I'm thinking it's in the same bucket as Klingon foreheads - yes, there's two obvious variants of the U-wing, but it's also pretty obvious that the second one is just a nicer/revised model. (Or say, the fact that by 3rd season there are three versions of the Enterprise-D model - in 2, 4, and 6 foot sizes, but we'd never say that Picard & co are transferring ships every couple episodes.)
Hasn't the canon itself pretty explicitly rejected the idea that variations in Klingon foreheads are not "real", in-universe differences between different Klingons' foreheads? Lots of people hate "Divergence," but it's still canon, and of course there remains the famous Klingon insult, Hab soSlI' quch!, which suggests there's real variation among Klingon foreheads.

I think Lucas has the right of it: we don't have to interpret different versions of the U-wing as different ships, but the differences are striking enough that we could.
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:15 pm
AllenGould wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 pm I'm thinking it's in the same bucket as Klingon foreheads - yes, there's two obvious variants of the U-wing, but it's also pretty obvious that the second one is just a nicer/revised model. (Or say, the fact that by 3rd season there are three versions of the Enterprise-D model - in 2, 4, and 6 foot sizes, but we'd never say that Picard & co are transferring ships every couple episodes.)
Hasn't the canon itself pretty explicitly rejected the idea that variations in Klingon foreheads are not "real", in-universe differences between different Klingons' foreheads? Lots of people hate "Divergence," but it's still canon, and of course there remains the famous Klingon insult, Hab soSlI' quch!, which suggests there's real variation among Klingon foreheads.
That still leaves the many faces of Worf, unless I missed the Very Special Episode where Worf gets confronted with his addiction to cosmetic surgery?

(I thought Trouble With Tribbles handled the issue far better than Divergence did - and besides, Discovery has kinda stomped over that ep's explanation. And in the end, we know the actual production reason. :) )
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:39 pmThat still leaves the many faces of Worf, unless I missed the Very Special Episode where Worf gets confronted with his addiction to cosmetic surgery?

As human males age, their hair changes color and often recedes. As Klingon males age, I've always assumed their forehead ridges change. Presumably this is why they so rarely wear hats.

This would be only the third-weirdest thing about Klingon anatomy.
(I thought Trouble With Tribbles handled the issue far better than Divergence did

Yeah, so did you and half the fandom, but *shrug*. I wish TNG: "Homeward" weren't canon, but here we are all the same.
and besides, Discovery has kinda stomped over that ep's explanation.

Not really. Discovery just shows that not all Klingons caught the augment virus. That's how Memory Alpha reports it.

(Also, if we're decanonizing things we don't like, I'd like to nominate "all of Discovery and Picard." Lower Decks can stay.)

EDIT to add: I'm impressed that you had an imgur of Worf's forehead ridges evolution over time bookmarked, or at least ready-to-hand. +2 TrekPoints for you.
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:11 pm
EDIT to add: I'm impressed that you had an imgur of Worf's forehead ridges evolution over time bookmarked, or at least ready-to-hand. +2 TrekPoints for you.
Turns out there's a lot of articles about the changing makeup work, so Google was my friend.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]