This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 105 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks!

This thread will be home to the official Q&A for the design team of A Private Little War, which will be releasing on October 16th. If you have questions about cards, the process, or more, feel free to ask them here. Designers will hop in and edit their answers into your posts.

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How did you settle on 4 Equipment cards? Was that intentional or did it just sorta end up that way?

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18 pm How did you settle on 4 Equipment cards? Was that intentional or did it just sorta end up that way?
I currently don't have edit capabilities, so I'm replying with quotes :)

We didn't always have equipment in the set. When decided to shelve the Domination mechanic, we decided to take another look at equipment. We had a brainstorming session on what we could do with equipment and some discussions on the design forums. We didn't have an exact number in mind and the first set of equipment we sent to testers had 3, and in the next version after that we added an additional equipment that got us to 4, which was the number we ended with.

- James M

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm Kyle sent me. :shifty:
In the announcment article it mentioned that I joined the design team after I won Make it So. The final challenge in the contest was to design a boutique set. I chose to run on making [Fed] [OS] and [Kli] [OS] playable factions on their own. You can see the cards from the challenge here

If Kyle was here he would tell you that he sees cards from that challenge that look similar to cards from A Private Little War

- James M
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm Kyle sent me. :shifty:
I don't know who that is. Also, something about the corner. Also also, I miss the frequently asked "Where is Chef Riker?" question, now that he exists.
 -  
Takket wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:18 am Yeboah, wow! I didn’t know any female Klingons ever showed up in TOS!

Are there any more coming?
I mean, I can think of one other female TOS Klingon that already appears on a 2E card, so, it's certainly possible. :shifty:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
When is the icon list on the front page going to be corrected? Right now the icon for The Neutral Zone goes to A Private Little War, the icon for Premiere goes to Alternate Universe, and there's no direct link to Premiere.
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:38 pm Does Chef Riker like me?
My apologies for sending this thread off the rails with Chef Riker discussion.

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]