This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah i just can't get over the idea of needing to bust 4 dilemma combos to win the game. that is a huge amount. and you are done for if your opponent starts stealing cheap little ❖ missions you throw out there.

regardless of how easy the missions are you still have to have the skills to bust dilemmas.

but as other have pointed out, being immune from point loss could pay off. that person that wants to bombard you with edo probes and THTF to keep you from getting to 100 is going to find themselves with a pile of useless dilemmas.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the wild. a recruit mercenaries deck could actually do really well with this since you can just go grab all the skills you need to get past dilemmas.
Last edited by Takket on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
New Civilizations is a new option. It won't cater to all players or player types, and that's fine. Cards shouldn't be like that (it's a strong sign they are too good). And I think it's also fine if this deck is never a top tier, tournament championship deck. But the fact it exists is a good thing, because it makes point loss dilemmas a little less reliable and it challenges some assumptions.

-crp

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I dont think you have to defend design decisions charlie. we are just stating first impressions. i think the card has potential, for example now you can just hide in other quads.
i hope the card means we see more point drain coming down the line though.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I approve of Baroner because Captain Kirk is officially a Ram in the game.

And as a thematic bonus, the card comes in blue and yellow.

Go Rams!
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm I approve of Baroner because Captain Kirk is officially a Ram in the game.

And as a thematic bonus, the card comes in blue and yellow.

Go Rams!
As has been previously mentioned, I left the design of this set fairly early in the process. This card is the closest (possibly the only) card to still resemble something I actually designed for the set. He actually began as a Fed/Klingon dual-affiliation. I wanted to get a Klingon Kirk into the set and that was my best idea for what would fit in storyline. (There was an Organia Spock in the file as well.)

Baroner didn't keep the Klingon affiliation but got the Klingon infiltration icon which is still pretty cool. He also originally special downloaded an interrupt that no longer exists, but was fairly similar to the final product (it was a personnel battle trick).
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
patrick wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 am Is that a Red Dwarf reference in Kryton's lore?
If only I could have gotten away with "mechanoid"...

:wink:

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Klauser wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:50 am Picking nits on Kryton.

I would have thought he would have been [NA] - or at least [Kli] / [NA] - to match Elaan.
I was wondering the same thing. Same with Apella. Is there logic in determining affiliations? Or is it mostly a game balance thing?

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]