This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Does 1E Lackey need card Lore?

Yes, absolutely!
20%
Yes, nice to have.
50%
Don't care.
10%
No, but wouldn't mind.
5%
No, not even more colomns!
10%
Not using Lackey.
5%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
eberlems wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:00 am So, I could add the card lore in a new colomn to lackey. It would show in deckbuilder and would be searchable.

What do YOU think?
I know this would be a massive amount of work, but I think it would be valuable to be able to search for keywords, lore-hooks, etc. I'd call it a "would be nice" feature and not a "must have."

-crp
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm
eberlems wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:00 am So, I could add the card lore in a new colomn to lackey. It would show in deckbuilder and would be searchable.

What do YOU think?
I know this would be a massive amount of work, but I think it would be valuable to be able to search for keywords, lore-hooks, etc. I'd call it a "would be nice" feature and not a "must have."

-crp
"characteristic/keyword", "commands", "names" (Romantic, Emblem, 6th Rule) is alread in lackey, but not always "persona" or "benefactor"...
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm

What do YOU think?

-crp
since the lore is already in the database it's about 10 lines of code.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Now that there are several different ways lore is used in game play it seems something should be done.

Two main things to consider:

1. Adding a new large column will take up horizontal space in the deck building table, and for the most part the first words of the lore (that would actually be displayed) won't be relevant when deck building at all. It's been well over a decade (wow!) since I've done plugin creation but I don't think these features have changed much. I don't think Trevor's added a way to like make a searchable column that doesn't show up in the table?

2. In a lot of cases searching the lore directly by %word% isn't going to be very useful or will hit a lot false positives. There isn't one word to search the lore for free reports to the Great Hall, or who commands which Enterprise, etc. That's why originally Reports and Commands were put in their own columns.

Is the problem that there is too much info in Lore now (that is deck building relevant)?

Perhaps --- Instead of complete Lore (which again I'm skeptical is that useful) what if the relevant parts of lore were transpiled into something like "Romantic: Natima Lang, Pel; 6th Rule: Brunt, Gaila, Ishka." Might be able to clean up some of the current columns and put all there as needed.

Ultimately, what is worth trying probably falls in line with what is easiest to script from CC DB.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]