This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which broken link should we close?

Alrik
2%
Admiral Krell
2%
Ambassador Gral
7%
Broik
4%
Captain Silva La Forge
8%
Gagh
13%
Group of Individuals
13%
Helena Rozhenko
3%
Jeyal
2%
a Northwest Passage Region mission
8%
Nyran
5%
a Palor Toff card
9%
Perrin
4%
a new Relay or Scanner equipment
10%
a new Sickbay card
10%
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I like Gagh a lot as a potential place to do a one of these style cards:

"Get a cookie. If only playing [Kli], get two more cookies."

That was the rules technology that we didn't have last year that made me hesitant (in one of my stranger posts) to pull the trigger on Gagh. But we have the ability to make "color-locked" cards like this now, and perhaps WotC is when we should.

But I exercised my approval ballot to the fullest extent (thanks, WotC!), because there's lots here I'd be interested in making -- and lots of them are safer territory than a verb:

Ambassador Gral
Broik
Captain Silva La Forge
Gagh
Group of Individiuals
Helena Rozhenko
A Northwest Passage Region mission
Nyran
A new Relay or Scanner

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:41 pm

That was the rules technology that we didn't have last year that made me hesitant (in one of my stranger posts) to pull the trigger on Gagh. But we have the ability to make "color-locked" cards like this now, and perhaps WotC is when we should.
Hah. I remember that post!

This is even more funny:

James:
The 2EBC conversion issue applies to Team of Ambassadors as well. Just quietly drop it into a set with space some time -- maybe after a late cut -- but I'm in no rush to see it.
Also James:
Team of Ambassadors

I like this. Mainly because screw you, Misinterpreted History. The reselect is also nice.
:D
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello all,

It's Monday morning, and there are three days left on this poll. If we were ending right now, Gagh would be edging out Group of Individuals by just two (2) votes! This is very close!

Please spread the word about Will of the Collective to all of your Trek friends that might not visit the site regularly. The more people that participate, the better the final product.

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Any chance that 2nd place gets front-loaded to next available set? :shifty:
 -  
Prophet
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:12 am Any chance that 2nd place gets front-loaded to next available set? :shifty:
I will absolutely be using the data from this poll to help us prioritize closing broken links. So your votes will not only pick the card we make, but help us figure out which cards to make first.

-crp

By 10and01
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well, unless something changes... was kind of brainstorming what card types one could apply to Gagh... An Equipment? Certainly, would work well with the new TOS Klingons and was what I kind of assumed it would be. An Event? Well, every time I see Klingons enjoying some delicious Gagh, it certainly seems like an event... An Interrupt, you could certainly interrupt an activity by bringing out some delicious Gagh to share with your fellow warriors. An Incident? Not a bad choice and, incidentally, this would give us some more space to deal with all of the nuances related to Gagh... An Animal Personnel? Well, if Osmotic Eel gets to be an Animal, why not Gagh? It's best served alive after all... Any other card types which make sense with this one?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was assuming it would be an equipment. I can see an edge case for an event but not much else...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:40 am I was assuming it would be an equipment. I can see an edge case for an event but not much else...
Edge case? Raktajino would like a word...

Maybe Gagh can be the second in a long line of food and drink-related events (Tea. Earl Grey. Hot, anyone? :D )!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:04 am
Iron Prime wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:40 am I was assuming it would be an equipment. I can see an edge case for an event but not much else...
Edge case? Raktajino would like a word...

Maybe Gagh can be the second in a long line of food and drink-related events (Tea. Earl Grey. Hot, anyone? :D )!
That's why I said edge case and not 'no'. I'm sure there is a good reason for it to be an event but it always kinda bugged me it wasn't an equipment card. (same for Phaser Array Power Cell)

If Gagh get's made we definitely need an Earl Grey card... :thumbsup:

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Setting gameplay aside for a moment, and only looking at the Treksense of the cards....

Equipment are permanent, reusable things. The bar of latinum I trade you, you then trade to someone else. The Phaser that Tasha drops when killed by Armus is picked up by Ensign Redshirt and still used, etc.

Raktajino is consumed. The caffeine burst happens once per cup.

Phaser Array Power Cell is somewhat misnamed, as what the card is representing is not the thing itself, but the ritual they used it in. Someone picking up a spent power cell after the ritual would get no benefit from it. The benefit was the morale boost of the ritual.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 am Setting gameplay aside for a moment, and only looking at the Treksense of the cards....

Equipment are permanent, reusable things. The bar of latinum I trade you, you then trade to someone else. The Phaser that Tasha drops when killed by Armus is picked up by Ensign Redshirt and still used, etc.

Raktajino is consumed. The caffeine burst happens once per cup.

Phaser Array Power Cell is somewhat misnamed, as what the card is representing is not the thing itself, but the ritual they used it in. Someone picking up a spent power cell after the ritual would get no benefit from it. The benefit was the morale boost of the ritual.
Gagh could still be an equipment card carried around until eaten (discarded). (Maybe with a countdown? Wouldn't want to eat it if it was no longer fresh...)

I had hoped '45 Dom Perignon could be an example here, but neither of it's gameplay uses involve drinking it...

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I agree with boromirofborg. I would expect Gagh to more represent the eating of the Gagh rather than the physical item itself. As such, I would prefer an event/incident rather than equipment.

To put it into real-life terms, I might order a pizza, and have a delivery guy bring it to me. But I don't think of it as an object like I do my phone or a deck of cards.
 -  
Prophet
The poll ends very early in the morning on Friday, so you have the rest of today and tomorrow to vote. Right now, Gagh is leading Group of Individuals by three (3) votes, 48-45. Can we get even more people to come and vote on the cards they'd like to see? Will Gagh hold out and claim victory?

Your votes, your decision.

-crp
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]