This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
wasnt there a planet that could be turned to space with an objective or sth? I thought genesis planet, but cant find it
Got it Unstable Matrix
Last edited by Ensign Q on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:46 pm Also related: Buried Alive
I won a game last year because my opponent put a Buried Alive/Cytherians combo on the only planet I could get to. I had already solved another planet, and with Cytherians I was at 90 + about 6 turns of process ore: mining took me to 96. We had both incurred a LOT of casualties and he was desparately trying to draw for VIP/Diplomacy to get past my Faux Pas at his mission, but he didn't draw it before I processed my way to a 2-mission win... :wink:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah, buried alive more often than not helps the opponent unfortunately.

but it doesnt trigger for yourself, so its not a card i was looking for.

energy ribbon is kinda interesting as well though.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:42 am yeah, buried alive more often than not helps the opponent unfortunately.

but it doesnt trigger for yourself, so its not a card i was looking for.

energy ribbon is kinda interesting as well though.
I've used enough Buried Alive combos that have successfully slowed my opponent down enough that it's generally been worth whatever risk I take by not making them do a real space mission. It's overall a very solid card.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Its not a horrible dilemma, but i try to avoid it after losing at least 3 games by running it. It can slow down, but it also can make the opponent have to solve one misson less, so it cancels itself out.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah, i found it by myself later and edited in the op.

its interesting the 2e version can explode itself though.

what happens if duck blind was seeded there?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:57 am its interesting the 2e version can explode itself though.

what happens if duck blind was seeded there?
There's more room on the 2E templates for text, which is why Genesis Planet can change itself.

I think that even if your Duck Blind doesn't get blown up, you can't use it because people can't be present with it.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
can androids exist in space? :D so maybe it was staffed by 2 androids and they now all float in space :D
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:41 pm can androids exist in space? :D so maybe it was staffed by 2 androids and they now all float in space :D
They could in 1996! But not under the rules for a long, long time now.

Planetary Destruction rules are here: https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/# ... ESTRUCTION

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm damn, id love to have a floaty staffed duck blind lol
I think even if you waybacked your way to 1996 rules and had Kirk Android and an Anthropology-borrowing Lal floating in space at a converted Genesis planet, they couldn't man a Duck Blind because DB seeds or plays on a planet mission. Once you boom Genesis Planet, it's a space mission so DB should be discarded for lack of valid target. :wink:

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]