This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Armus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:27 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 pmSonak.
I just did a double take because at first I thought you said "Snoak" and I was about to go all Bad Star Wars Hot Take Hate (tm) on you. :P
Goddamnit. Now I need to make a Snoak joke on any theoretical Sonak card....

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:52 pm
Armus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:27 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 pmSonak.
I just did a double take because at first I thought you said "Snoak" and I was about to go all Bad Star Wars Hot Take Hate (tm) on you. :P
Goddamnit. Now I need to make a Snoak joke on any theoretical Sonak card....
"Killed at the hand of a trusted associate."

?

:shifty:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
One problem: From everything I've seen, the Supreme Leader actually spells his name Snoke, not Snoak.

Of course, one can argue that since Galactic Basic is not English, there's no more of an official spelling in a different language than there would of my name in something like Russian or Korean.

(Side note: The latter of which essentially works out to something like Day-bid-uh Hi-nuh-suh.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
If I remember properly you said it's two sets. One thing I hope for from both sets is more ships. We like ships.

For the first set I'd like to see a focus on The Undiscovered Country and the first part of Generations. Why? A lot has already been done for those movies, you've got one set with maybe 60-90 cards, why not build on the existing infrastructures?

Generations: A card to make you want to use the USS Enterprise-B, VIP versions of Kirk, Chekov and Scotty. SS Lokul and it's El-Aurian passengers ( [CF] Madam Guinan and Dr. Soran). The reporters, admirals and dignitaries , one of them had to be a temporal agent...

Undiscovered Country: Winter fun at Klingon Prison Camp, Assassination Plots, Starfleet Command, STVI versions of Sulu and Starship Excelsior.

If they did choose other movies to focus on:

Wrath of Khan: More super humans, Genesis Scientists, Ceti-Eel Chekov and Terrel

The Motion Picture: Please don't

Search for Spock: Klingon dog, Bounty with a proper Klingon name and a card to give a bonus for using it and it's crew, maybe an artifact stealing/hunting mechanic and Klingon Intelligence link.

The Voyage Home: [NA] versions of the [CF] crew and a [NA] version of HMS Bounty (since they were officially Federation renegades at this point). A card or cards to feed off completing timeline based objectives.

The final frontier: Brainwashed Sybok followers and a [NA] Enterprise-A. [CF] shuttle would be nice to.

The second will focus on Nemesis according to an old post, my least favorite movie I can't even watch any more. But that's me, I know many others liked it, and I've gotten all kinds of things I wanted in previous sets that other people hated, so a Nemesis heavy set might make some of them happy. Hopefully we'll also get some goodies from the later part of Generations, First Contact and Insurrection.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0