This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey all, quick question.

In the glossary, it states that in turns where you have no card draws, as in triggered by Ready Room Door you have unlimited actions for that turn.

So, is that literal, as in I can play 15 events, report my whole hand, etc etc etc, or is it meant to mean that I can still have actions that turn. I’m asking because the first interpretation seems stupidly game breaking and has no penalty for downloading an already powerful card.

Thanks!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I assume you are referring to this entry:
Glossary, under 'card draw' wrote:You may perform as many actions as you like each turn that have the restriction "draw no cards this turn" (e.g., playing a Q's Tent, downloading with Ops). You may not then draw any more cards for the remainder of the turn, by any means (normal card draw, Kivas Fajo - Collector, Masaka Transformations, etc.), or use an ability (such as the Borg Queen's special skill) that allows you to perform an action in place of a card draw.
Actions =/= card plays. Only card plays = card plays.

It is referring to the fact that you may play more than one card (if able) that has the cost/penalty of drawing no cards.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ah, so, just to be clear, it’s more the second interpretation.

I can still play a card, as long as that card doesn’t induce or require a card draw, but I DO NOT get unlimited free actions.

I’m asking because a fellow player linked me a YouTube video where the guy said you could do the unlimited card playing thing.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, it's the second one.

I'm not sure how/why someone thought that meant he could play unlimited cards - might want to leave a comment on that video...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yup. I had a deck that I played in a Return to Talos IV event earlier this year that would Ops download a ship to the docking site ("draw no cards this turn"), then I'd play a Q's Tent to get a Ready Room Door ("draw no cards this turn") then play a Ready Room Door to download that ship's Commander ("draw no cards this turn").

I was also processing ore, so I'd get my card draws at the start of the turn to offset the loss of end of turn draws, and on turns where I wasn't Ops downloading, I would play Kivas Fajo - Collector to draw 3 and use the RRD to grab Captain's Orders.

Overall it was a pretty good deck for the "era"
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]