This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Another thought... If you were playing Equipment-intensive, and can get Plasmadyne out/seeded (in addition to Ablative), that might be handy? It provides for more shields as well as fall-back speed, should you need it. (In our local environment, I'm quite fond it.)

(PS: Thanks for the spell-out Jadzia!)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:27 pm And you (with that avatar, to boot) call me a necromancer! :lol: (Fair enough, I did resurrect something much older...)
Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Image removed in accordance with Dream Card policy.
 -  
Community Contributor
That's a blacksmith's hammer, I think. It's the built-in "dream card" expansion icon that comes with 1E CardMaker 0.1 Preview Edition.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:41 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:27 pm And you (with that avatar, to boot) call me a necromancer! :lol: (Fair enough, I did resurrect something much older...)
What happens to threat necro if there is no completed planet? is it discarded for lack of target? :shifty:

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Image removed in accordance with Dream Card policy.
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes. Without checking, I believe it also discards for lack of target if the only completed [P] mission is in a different quadrant. (But note either player's completed missions are fair game.) So this would be a bit of mid-or late-game interference if it were real!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
About the hammer: Ah, thx. Never noticed it before. When I found out that program existed, I was already well on my way with the 2nd generation of my own PhotoSoup tempate. :roll: Figures.

So glad that the picture of "Necro Thread" is gone. (Or at least, I can't see it now -- but please don't correct me if wrong.) I couldn't get the concept out of my head, and was actually considering creating an AI of it, myself -- which would've cost considerble time. (My graphically reverse-engineered templates -- yes, by screenshotting! -- are horribly chaotic and large, with 100s of layers.) Time which I can better spend working on my decks and putting them into Lackey. :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh my. I see it again now. And I am saving it for future reference... :neutral:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:28 pmI want an Indiana Jones AI (incl. property logo) of that!
Hours wasted. :roll: I don't have the correct fonts at this PC, forgot/missed three dots, and had to build the Planet mission icon "from scratch" (hadn't needed it before). There are some things going for it, though. I could perfect it later. (Please don't make me.)

Also, Wowbagger, how did you (or the program) get that PNG to be so small? I had to re-convert 4 times (and tried much smaller dimensions), before I resigned to dropping the colour depth to 256. Ugly card type bar, now.

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Attachment removed in accordance with Dream Card policy.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I have removed three graphical "Dream Cards" due to the Board's policy on Dream Cards, which only allows "alternate images" of existing cards with no changes to game text.

These cards, while clearly tongue-in-cheek and marked "Not for Gameplay", had a new title and "game text" and were thus disallowed by the policy.

Please direct any feedback on this decision to the Moderatorial Dialogue Thread rather than posting it here. Thank you.

By Kander77 (Lee Sneathen)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:34 pm The short answer is you have to prepare for battle in the deck building phase. If you don't there aren't a lot of in-game options.
You can run, but you can't hide forever!
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]