This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jjh wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 am I'd love to hear suggestions for a 3 card dilemma combo including The Nexus.

Thank you!
The Nexus + Maman Picard + Random Wall?

Probably not the best, but it was the first thing that jumped into my head.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Subspace Seaweed + Cytherians + The Nexus is one I'm fond of.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Follow-up question.

For The Nexus. Can you relocate personnel "at any time" or do you have to wait until the Nexus gets to the end of the spaceline and "place on table"?

The "at any time" is after conditions. Does that matter? Or does "at any time" trump conditions in 1E-ese?
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I believe they're separate clauses - you can bail out any time you could take an action. The end of spaceline text just covers what happens to Nexus (and anyone still hiding on it) when it hits there.

Glossary seems to agree with me as well.
A player may relocate their personnel from under The Nexus either while it is on the spaceline or after it is placed on table.
 -  
Community Contributor
"Nexus Bus" was a key strategy in TNG-Block in my meta for a while. No ships available? No problem! Just trigger The Nexus and quickly send your Away Team to any planet!
 -  
Community Contributor
It does a lot of things fairly badly:

* It scores 20 points badly
* It moves your people around the spaceline badly
* It blows up ships badly.

If you can use all those things, the bad effects add up to a pretty solid card. I like The Nexus a lot. But a deck that can't use all those things is better off skipping it.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've never found a use for it yet -- which I think is a shame because I grew to really like film, the Nexus concept, and the idea (and art!) of the card. But the comments here reflect my own thoughts -- needs to be used perfectly, else is mediocre.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like the Nebula and Gold! method of self triggering the Nexus without digging through all the dilemmas for a self seed or waiting for your opponent to hit it. Then you have a Self dilemma at each of your opponents missions and Cytherians and Whale probe and Emergent Lifeform scatter your opponent to the wind!

My wife hated when i played this dilemma strategy because she didn't get to wipe away dilemmas. They kept moving around. And I used Gaps and warp rift and tetryon field.

I made my own lunches for a week after that game...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
winterflames wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 pm I made my own lunches for a week after that game...
Let's be honest: you earned that.

:lol:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:25 pm
winterflames wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 pm I made my own lunches for a week after that game...
Let's be honest: you earned that.

:lol:
She still won. She almost always wins. My decks Do Stuff. Her decks score points fast. But she has difficulty predicting what on earth my decks are doing. Sometimes i surprise her. And she loses a ship, or three... She still hasn't gotten the hang of my Fast Ship,Edo probe,and either Buried Alive or Female's Love Interest & Garbage Scow combo with Mission Debriefing seeded. She tends to give me her ship instead of letting me kill Scotty...
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]