This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Id answer:

events that are immune to kevin and Objectives-> incidents
events that are one time effects -> interrupts that play as a card play.

maybe doorways could also fall into one of those categories. like most of them are either interrupts or incidents. they would need a "seeds first" clause then though

those are the most redundant i think
if you really want to axe down card types I assume you could lump Artifacts/Dilemmas and everything else that seeds under missions (Nexus) as a new type together.

Before all this can happen id advocate for an overhaul of the textbox though. Allow for more lines in the same space. I think a lot of 1e confusion boils down to the extremly limited text space. I always though thats why they introduced Incidents in the first place (to get rid of the Kevin text)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Smiley wrote:I would drop Q-cards as a whole and just give them the original type with a Q keyword or icon to make them simpler to understand and maybe some of them could eek their way into other decks if they would not need to all be in the side deck?
In the 90's I didn't like them at all. I thought the side decks were complicated and inelegant, and I didn't like the Q concept (character nor cards) at all. But when rekindling my interest in the game in 2014, I immediately felt the need to check them out and try a Q deck. And now, I feel they're part of what makes 1e so versatile and interesting, as a side deck.
(So I don't agree with, but can certainly respect and understand the idea of keeping them in a different form.)
And this topic has started to slowly change my mind about not using Tri/oubles, and Tactics (rarely used them in the 90's; never done yet, now). I'm starting to feel the need to try them, as well... :shifty: Not sure that was the intention...

But more importantly:
Entilzha wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 am Dilemmas. They are such an NPE. I mean, they *prevent* you from completing missions! What's that about...
I agree, and herewith append my previous considerations. Get rid of dilemmas! :thumbsup: :lol:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
im growing into the idea of abandoning doorways from the game turning them into either [1E-Int] or [Inc] depending on the function.and making [1E-AU] free of requirements.

+less complicated seedphase (only mission, dilemma and others)
+a free seedslot for some decks. (most would still run the [Inc] to have the other effect (timeline jumps)
+one cardtype less

-i know they are pretty, but fullart [Inc] could become a thing then.

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]