This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary friends! Your will marches on, as Will of the Collective VIII continues. In this community-driven design program, we're all working together to make a card. We started off with the goal of closing a broken link - Gagh - but we changed course and are making a card we're calling "Not Gagh". But as that's not a great title, and as you've decided on a story concept, let's come up with something better!

Here's the card as it stands right now:
Not Gagh wrote: [Evt] Seeds or plays on table. If playing only [Kli], you may play any [Evt], [Int], or [Obj] with "Klingon" or [Kli] in gametext from your Q's Tent as if from your hand.
We started by soliciting your ideas for a concept, and the one with the most votes for approval was this:
Not Gagh - Story Concept wrote:Klingons decloak, revealing they have access to more ships/resources than opponent realizes.
Because that was a generic concept, I asked our Creative Team to come up with some options for more specific story beats for you to chose from. And choose you did, as "Call to Arms" from DS9 won by a single vote. Here's the winning story beat:
Not Gagh - Story Beat wrote:ST:DS9 - Call to Arms - Martok to the rescue / who says there’s never a Klingon around when you need one.
Now, your job is to come up with a title for our card. Your title will breath a lot of life into the card, tying together the card's game text with the chosen story concept and story beat. Then, once we add lore, the card will really come together to tell a cool piece of Star Trek story.

Nominations for titles will be open until Wednesday, December 16th at around 1:30 PM Pacific. That gives you just shy of two days to generate your titles, write them, submit them, and discuss them with your peers. I encourage you to riff on each other's ideas, and to go back and edit them after posting if you get good feedback.

Because our forum software is limited to fifteen (15) options in polls, it may be necessary for me to curate the final list. If that becomes necessary, I will first eliminate titles that stray too far from the brief above. Then, I'll combine any similar titles into a single submission, choosing one of the set that are similar. Finally, any only if this point is reached, I'll choose options that provide the most options for the votes on lore and image. Please don't let this discourage you!

In summary:
- Each of you may submit one (1) title idea for "Not Gagh".
- Your titles should draw from the story beat and/or the source material; however, it need to be a literally line/quote from the show/scene.
- If a user submits multiple titles or revisions, only the most recent one will be accepted.
- Submissions are open until around 1:30 PM Pacific on Wednesday, December 16th.
- Curation may be required if more than fifteen (15) concepts are submitted.

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you guys have in mind and what you come up with!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Missed opportunity... with a card that lets you play Klingon Civil War, Arbiter of Succession, Klingon Death Yell, et. al., if that's not a card ripe for some Redemption source material, I don't know what is... :evil:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:49 pm
Faithful Reader wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:45 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:50 pm if that's not a card ripe for some Redemption source material, I don't know what is... :evil:
Probably something more tied into TNG Klingon/Romulan Treachery.
We already have that.
Something a little more equitable. I would call that a Klignon card, not a Klingon/Romulan card.

But this is an opportunity to give it a generic enough name for a future Redemption related AI.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
As part of the Creative Team process, we’d normally brainstorm various combinations of words with broadly similar meaning: Cloaked Ambush / Hidden Resource / Concealed Strike / Surprise Appearance etc.

As I can only pick one, I’ll nominate Hidden Resource
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
No beating around the bush here: Klingons Decloaking!
(EDIT: see later post)

But I'm definitely going to vote for jrch's "Never A Klingon Around..."

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Engage Cloak: Klingon Defence Force

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:40 pm I nominate "Never A Klingon Around...." - as a direct exerpt from Dax's quote when Martok appears.
If this plays out we need a new Martok who downloads this card.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]