This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

What should the title for "Not Gagh" be?

Cold-Served Dish
4%
Dial K for Klingon
13%
Engage Cloak: Klingon Defense Force
9%
Hidden Resource
3%
I Will Handle the Jem'Hadar
5%
Klingons Decloaking!
5%
Never a Klingon Around…
13%
Sowee TAH!
19%
Sudden Asset
4%
Surprising Advantage
9%
Tides of War
7%
Timely Arrival
10%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks,

It's time to pick the title for our card, so we can stop referring to it as "Not Gagh." You all came up with twelve (12) different title ideas, and now you get to vote on the ones we like. But first, let's recap the card where it stands today:
Not Gagh wrote: [Evt] Seeds or plays on table. If playing only [Kli], you may play any [Evt], [Int], or [Obj] with "Klingon" or [Kli] in gametext from your Q's Tent as if from your hand.
Not Gagh - Story Concept wrote:Klingons decloak, revealing they have access to more ships/resources than opponent realizes.
Not Gagh - Story Beat wrote:ST:DS9 - Call to Arms - Martok to the rescue / who says there’s never a Klingon around when you need one.
For this version of Will of the Collective, we are using approval voting. In this voting style, you can vote for each choice in the poll that you like/approve of moving forward. If you just like one option, you can just vote for that; if you like all twelve, you can vote for all of them! The choice that has the most votes of approval will be the winner. In the event of a tie, we'll move to a traditional, majority-take-all run-off vote to break the tie.

Voting is open from now and for two days, ending around 2:45 PM Pacific on Friday, December 18th. You can vote for any or all of the options, and you can change your vote at any time until the poll closes on Friday. And once you've voted, please use this thread to post about why you voted the way you did. I want you to be able to debate the pros and cons of the choices, and be persuaded by each other. It's your card, and this is your decision to make!

Have fun, everyone!

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
I voted for:
  • Dial K for Klingon – Because it's a nice throwback to Dial Martok For Murder and has an inherently cool factor.

I Will Handle the Jem'Hadar – Because it's from the story we're using, though it may be a little too specific.

Surprising Advantage – A little more generic sounding, which could be a plus as the card has the potential to fit in any Klingon deck. Also gives the impression of a surprising reveal.*

Timely Arrival – Okay, this was my suggestion I admit. But I also think it fits the gametext, story context and story beat we're using.
If I had to choose one, Dial K for Klingon takes it for me. It's just a cool card name. 8)

*Also a question. Is the possibility of making this card a Hidden Agenda on the cards or has that already past? I think it has great potential to surprise a few players if it could be seeded or played facedown first, before revealing it. And it would also fit the story concept we're using.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
The vote is TIED with about eight (8) hours left to go. Get your votes in! Make your arguments. Let's see what we'll call "Not Gagh" at the end of the day.

-crp

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Make your arguments.
"Never a Klingon Around..." is a fine card title, for something that helps non-Klingons. But since this card only helps Klingons do Klingon stuff, I voted for "Sowee TAH!".

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:40 am
MidnightLich wrote:Make your arguments.
"Never a Klingon Around..." is a fine card title, for something that helps non-Klingons. But since this card only helps Klingons do Klingon stuff, I voted for "Sowee TAH!".
Also, this allows for a "Duuuude" companion card. (Apparently "DuD" is a klingon word meaning "mix").
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I voted for both, 'cuz approval voting, and I can't choose which I like better.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm really starting to dig approval voting...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Patrick's argument appears to have swayed the crowd! Big swing toward Sowee TAH! in the past few hours!

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I also went for Sowee TAH! because good titles are a rare resource for the game, and this was the one on the list that best (imo):

- Fit the flavor (surprise Klingons!)
- Didn't limit the flavor to a particular Klingon subset
- Wasn't a generic enough title that it would fit other Affiliations just as well
- Didn't reference things not on the card that exist mechanically. (I will Handle the Jem Hadar, anything referring to cloaking)

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]